From the muddy banks of the willy..

brandon4455
brandon4455
heres my report! fished from 3:30 to 6:30 plunked for an hour with nothing to show for it but i did see a nice steelhead get airborne! relled my gear up and got snagged so i switched to spinners for an hour.. nothing on a brass size five fox so i switched over to a bright pink and white spinner. 3rd cast and....WHACK!!! big strike rod doubles over then limp line... still had my spinner but no fish attached to it.. guessing it was a steelhead. after no action for about half an hour i fly fished for a bit with no bites before deciding to bottom fish and eat snacks with dad&my little brother zack..me and dad missed a lot of quick strikes from the pikeminnow but zack managed to wipe the skunk off himself and leave us in the dirt..he caught the one and only fish! we saw a lot of boats but only 2/5 boats pulled fish out.. 2 springers and 1 steelhead. they said it was a wee bit slow today..and the need to stop letting water out of the dams. it was a great day..talked with a fellow fishermen from eugene that was in the area for a bit too. great day,nice and warm but no sun..just the way i like it! :dance: :dance:

ps:little bro makes me laugh cause he scrnches up his face wile smiling ":lol: dosen't even look like him!


brandon
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: mahmichael
O
OnTheFly
Cool report Brandon. You guys should try Silverton Reservoir. Let me know if you do and I might join you.
 
brandon4455
brandon4455
OnTheFly said:
Cool report Brandon. You guys should try Silverton Reservoir. Let me know if you do and I might join you.

dad said that would be great, wont be for atleast another month though..ill send you a message when the time comes close.
 
L
lilsalmon
good to see you out on the water....what a cute little brother!!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: OnTheFly
18406ej
18406ej
Is that the park in downtown Independence?
 
troutdude
troutdude
Nice report buddy. You're little bro's smile is priceless! Well done.
 
B
bigsteel
nice job brandon
 
H
Hawk
Looks like y'all had a Fun Day, Bro.
Great pics.
:clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool::cool:
 
T
TTFishon
Great report Brandon! Looks like a fun filled day on the water!
 
brandon4455
brandon4455
18406ej said:
Is that the park in downtown Independence?

sure is,good eye i guess the boat dock gave it away? i lived in that town most of my life..it'smwhere i caught my first fish. there were a lot of people coming down and throwing spinners..the fish are moving through there,just not in huge groups yet
 
M
markasd
Good times there!! Sounds like a good day out..
 
F
Finneus Polebender
Thought them waders looked familiar , way to get your little bro out fishin !
 
brandon4455
brandon4455
Finneus Polebender said:
Thought them waders looked familiar , way to get your little bro out fishin !

they came in handy..that mud was terrible.. first thing i did when i got home was clean them lol. can't wait to get some springer blood on emm! already got em covered in trout slime from detroit :lol: and i plan on getting the little guy his first bass this year.. smallmouth on spinners? hell yeah!
 
  • Like
Reactions: halibuthitman
H
halibuthitman
did you get the strike on the white/pink spinner I gave you? that things a summer steel slaya!
 
M
mrlindeman
Im takin my lady to the acid ball in salem today to see about hookin some smallmouth. Also love to catch pike minnows. We might try where the creek comes in on the willy side with a simple splitshot and worm rig as well.
 
brandon4455
brandon4455
halibuthitman said:
did you get the strike on the white/pink spinner I gave you? that things a summer steel slaya!

sure did. he slammed it swinging through a riffle. don't know how he didn't get hooked lol
 
H
halibuthitman
brandon4455 said:
sure did. he slammed it swinging through a riffle. don't know how he didn't get hooked lol
thats a draw back of that spinner, I bet ive had 150-175 hits on it.. with about 40 landed, that plastic sleave on such a short treble doesn't really do very well, cut it off put a snap ring on it and a gami sickle hook on it and it will stick a lot more fish, you have to use a snap ring, the blade must be too long and interupts the strike, so just putting a single on it doesn't fix it, ive had the same problem with no.4 blue foxes.
 
brandon4455
brandon4455
halibuthitman said:
thats a draw back of that spinner, I bet ive had 150-175 hits on it.. with about 40 landed, that plastic sleave on such a short treble doesn't really do very well, cut it off put a snap ring on it and a gami sickle hook on it and it will stick a lot more fish, you have to use a snap ring, the blade must be too long and interupts the strike, so just putting a single on it doesn't fix it, ive had the same problem with no.4 blue foxes.
sucky part is i lost it a while bck,otherwise id do that. :lol: thanks for the advice brad
 
Top Bottom