Ford's Pond 2022

NKlamerus

NKlamerus

Most Featured
Got up way late and only ended up fishing for 45 minutes before that wind picked up! Hit some nasty waves and decided to call it, really nice when I showed up and got worse but never grabbed a photo of the white caps

Had one bite but that's it, weeds are dying off nicely, water clarity is at its worst, and the water is back up to normal levels.

This year they (the city? Through "friends of Ford's pond") plan on finishing the paved trail around the pond, putting bathrooms and a kids park up on the hill, with no plans to put any money into the pond itself

Eventually plan to put in a boat ramp on the north parking lot, which will really be the last nail in the coffin for a quiet bass spot

Not sure how many "nature walks" have a gravel and black asphalt 8' sidewalk, they have removed 90% of the brush around the trail and waters edge too
2f7ea8d001c2565422ebcd351be48d83.jpg
3e8442d3fd9f3b4e3055c42bd7042ab7.jpg

S

Snopro

Not sure how many "nature walks" have a gravel and black asphalt 8' sidewalk
ADA compliant ones?

Sorry to hear your spot is being over developed. When I'm looking for new spots to fish, absence of boat ramps is an important factor.

NKlamerus

NKlamerus

Most Featured
ADA compliant ones?

Sorry to hear your spot is being over developed. When I'm looking for new spots to fish, absence of boat ramps is an important factor.
Not likely, it's all gravel parking lots surrounded by logs

The upper lot even being paved would be a 30mph roll down the hill lol

Fummus

Fummus

Am planning to give Fords a go here in the next day or two. So far I've pulled black crappie, blue gills, yellow perch and of course bass out of there. Confident there are catfish as well, as they were there in the past.

NKlamerus

NKlamerus

Most Featured
Am planning to give Fords a go here in the next day or two. So far I've pulled black crappie, blue gills, yellow perch and of course bass out of there. Confident there are catfish as well, as they were there in the past.
Hey bud did you make it out?