Footage of the Condit Dam breach

S
SALTYFISH
That's pretty cool.. Always goo to see dams fall..

Reactions: beaverfan
J
jawjacker
That was awesome thanks for sharing hopefully nothing but good becomes of that.

S
sherman
I have mixed feelings on dam removel. As a fisherman I understand the desire to protect fish habitat. But without dams where do we get our drinking water & irrigation water to grow the food we eat? Water is getting to be highly sought after commodity & unless we harness & treat & remove the salt from the ocean where else are we going to get water. Granted we are a wasteful society & need to work harder on conserving the resources we have.

M
mccarrel
Its always smart to look at the effects of doing something as drastic as removing a dam. I think in this case, it was a small dam which produced a limited amount of electricity. I for one think we do not need all of the dams on the lower snake and upper columbia but that is another debate.

sherman said:
I have mixed feelings on dam removel. As a fisherman I understand the desire to protect fish habitat. But without dams where do we get our drinking water & irrigation water to grow the food we eat? Water is getting to be highly sought after commodity & unless we harness & treat & remove the salt from the ocean where else are we going to get water. Granted we are a wasteful society & need to work harder on conserving the resources we have.