Fly's and friends

N
nwkiller
2011-05-17_11-18-13_871.jpg
Went with some friends up to some small mountain streams deep in the forests of Oregon to celebrate another friends birthday AKA head waters of the smith. The celebration was great and so was the fly fishing. Our camp took up a large bend in the river which made for lightly fished holes all day. Water was clear and low, around 45 degrees, every ripple held a handful of beautiful Rainbows and Cutthroats. Throughout the day we tried a variety of flys. Everything seemed to work, egg head patterns being one of the favorites. Tons of small cuttys and bows were caught and released.
bow.jpg
Most of the fish being around 6-8 inches but a few in the 12 inch range. Theres something about walking a few river miles in two man teams, tearing up every hole, just to run into another "team" of your friend in a ripple you spotted a mile back. Everyone had fun, the novices and the experts. Definitely a good way to start off the camping season! Happy Birthday Amy

brandon4455
brandon4455
awesome pics. sounds like a great time!

E
eggs
Man that's awesome.. smith in coast or cascades? That looks like a great time and honey hole!

N
nwkiller
coastal, you should check it out, miles and miles of quite fly fishing.....have released 15" - 18" cuts out of there in past years

E
eggs
Thanks for sharing man.. I might just have to make it out there sometime soon!

B
bigsteel
great report as always nwkiller,,looks like you are enjoying the fly fishing,

N
nwkiller
Thanks a lot bigsteel means a lot that people like the pictures i throw up! and oh yes i love the summer fly fishing