Florida trip! Lots of pics!

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Just got back from a nice vacation, first time going back in two years without dealing with someone in the family passing.

Spent a bit of time hunting and fishing, unfortunately we had a cold front blow through and even though it was sunny and gorgeous, it was colder there than it was here

Lots of small fish, buddies caught some nicer ones, no real patterns though just seemed to be right place at the right time.

Got up on some inshore flats and chased some redfish, nothing funner than watching them chase down a bait when they are schooled up.

• 20220131_130003.jpg
  • 20220206_135256.jpg
  • 20220206_133101.jpg
  • 20220203_135337.jpg
  • 20220203_160411.jpg
  • 20220203_173646.jpg
  • 20220204_143355.jpg
  • 20220204_150002.jpg
  • 20220128_213427.jpg
  • 20220129_164651.jpg
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Fishpdx and Shaun Solomon
NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Couple more.

Reactions: fromthelogo, Shaun Solomon and Admin
troutdude
troutdude
Welp. That's certainly the biggest smile I've ever seen. LOL

Reactions: NKlamerus
Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
Y’all did ok considering the front. Them Florida bass are none too fond of the cold.

I’d say great work!

Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
That’s that little tee-niney Chatterbait, yeah?

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
It's the new mini-max!

Great thump, doesn't need any tuning out of the box, comes with the snap on the blade instead of the twisted metal rod. Definitely swims better than the standard 1/4oz chatterbait too

Found the best trailer was a green pumpkin fluke with a chartreuse dipped tail, not much action compared to the usual missile baits Ned bomb, keitech, or Zman minnow, but it's definitely what the fish prefered.

I've always leaned towards finesse, and the smaller chatterbait is something the fish haven't really seen there, the lakes are pretty pressured.

The opposite end of the spectrum works as well, I have friends that solely swimbait fish and catch some giants out there. Don't know if I mentioned it elsewhere, 3x 7lb fish in 6 casts. To the same spot. With the same bait (Huddleston)

Reactions: Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
Nice! I love the big baits and the small stuff.

It always made me giggle to hear people from non-trout areas say they didn’t think Huddlestons would work in their area.

An alligator might live for a hundred years and never see a chicken, but somehow I still think if you tossed that gator a chicken it would know what to do with it.

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Definitely beat to death on the swimbaits groups im in lol

I don't think fish see a bait and say "theres no rainbow trout here" lol

He specifically caught them on a rainbow trout colored bait, just took a sharpie and added some spots down the lateral line. So a hybrid trout/bass

And we definitely don't have rainbows down there.

Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
Yeah it’s hilarious. I always got that from customers. “But there’s no trout in there!”

When I was at BPS we would have deals where they would set up trout ponds in the parking lot for kids. Any trout which managed to survive would find their way to the aquarium. It was a real treat seeing how quickly the bass got over their astonishment that trout were not native to their habitat in front of Uncle Buck’s Coffee Shop.