Fishing with Marvin

C
CaptBB
I took Marvin up on his special offer he had to go sturgeon fishing. Well the fish didn't want to play but it was still a good day on the river. I really learned a lot from Marvin, not just about sturgeon but about all the fishing in the area. I would recommend to anyone to look him up and take a trip.

thanks Marvin

M
Marvin's Guide Service
Thanks for fishing with me, sorry the Sturgeon did not want to play.
Hope to see you again.
Marvin

H
halibuthitman
so the fishing is pretty slow out there?

S
stonesworth
CaptBB said:
I took Marvin up on his special offer he had to go sturgeon fishing. Well the fish didn't want to play but it was still a good day on the river. I really learned a lot from Marvin, not just about sturgeon but about all the fishing in the area. I would recommend to anyone to look him up and take a trip.

thanks Marvin
Well ya can't call in skunk as long as you are learning something..Knowledge = more fish!!

M
Marvin's Guide Service
I still think the smelt had something to do with it.

The last few days there were lots of sea lions around, Saturday we did knot see any sea lions. I think they found a pilot run of smelt somewhere and that were the sturgeon were to.

But I do think next weekend will be different..

S
SNDSLGR
Question; how do sturgeon that are hanging around st. johns know there are smelt at the mouth of the cowlitz downriver?

M
Marvin's Guide Service
Not sure, but I think they know, Why did the sea lions disappear?

in a mater of a few days?

S
stonesworth
I know I have seen sealions from oaks park to the clack the last few weeks,this last sat we seen two at the sellwood work up then come back down hours later following the tides in and out. Every year I see them around from mid jan to mid feb then they go away for a few weeks till the first big pushes of salmon hit the willy..Im not sure about the bite we seemed to do ok last sat just might have not been your guys day on the water but thats fishin you always got next thur/fri/sat for some bonkin..GOOD LUCK!!

S
Specialed
Bananas Bad Luck for Fishing

Bananas Bad Luck for Fishing

I too took to the river with Marvin on Saturday. I have to apologize to bbcapt and my buddies for eating a banana on my way up the highway to meet at the dock. :shock:Sure, the banana wasn't actually on the boat but I think the fishing gods know I had eaten it. :naughty:Not only was it bad luck for us, but it seems as though the whole Channel and Columbia River fishery was off that day. :(Marv and crew tried to convince me to bite the head off a squid or herring to break the curse but I couldn't do it. :confused:My new nicknames are now-banana boy and yellow belly. Yikes! :rolleyes:I will never eat bananas again on a day I am going fishing. If you don't believe it's true search "bananas bad luck for fishing" on google. :think:Very interesting!!
Anyway, I learned a lot and had a good time-thanks Marv!:D

S
stonesworth
:yay: :D I did not know this banana thing , good to know for sure. I knew about the holding the feet up while you go over railroad tracks but not this one ..Ty for the info... fish on guys

M
Marvin's Guide Service
Glad you had fun!! hope to see you soon Ed.
Thanks for fishing with me!