Fishing the Crooked at/near Smith Rock State Park.......

S
spmpdr
Spydeyrch said:
Let us know how it went. I am excited to get out there sometime soon.

Yes i certainly will , the water level looks a bit high still so might have to wait a couple weeks ,but ill get out there and at least check it out monday or tuesday

S
steelhead_slayer
just curious. did you get a chance to get out there? i know the weather is kinda bad here

S
spmpdr
steelhead_slayer said:
just curious. did you get a chance to get out there? i know the weather is kinda bad here

Unfortunately guys i drove out there to check it out, the wind was ripping through the canyon and it was pretty cold as well so i put it off until a better day comes around , It does look like quite a hike back up. I instead went out to prineville and fished below bowman dam. It was good water, but a little windy and i got a late start on top of that. i fished from 1 to 520 pm . I didn't catch anything but had more than a few hook ups. ill try again next week.

S
steelhead_slayer
i think i'm going to make it this weekend

J
junk4jones
Did you go out there yet? I'm taking the fam across the pass this weekend and we always do some hiking at Smith. Maybe I should take a rod and some bead head nymphs?

J
junk4jones
-

S
steelhead_slayer
i was planning on going, but the day before the river started rising. so i called it off

S
spmpdr
junk4jones said:
Did you go out there yet? I'm taking the fam across the pass this weekend and we always do some hiking at Smith. Maybe I should take a rod and some bead head nymphs?

You could always bring your rod if youd like but the rivers here are all blown out right now, especially the crooked . best of luck to you though