Fishing tags

S
sheed
Hi everyone.

I know it's required to log fish on your tag but when does one do with the tag when the fishing year ends?

C
ChezJfrey
You can turn them into any agent that sells them, or mail it back to ODFW, after the year ends...even if the tag is blank. The address is provided in the regs:

ODFW
3406 Cherry Ave NE
Salem OR 97303-4924

E
everett464
Legally, you can do whatever you want with it. With that said, that paper probably has petrol products, so I don't recommend putting it in your pipe and smoking it.

In past years they have done raffles with the the tags that were turned in, but I don't know if that is the case for 2013. The ODFW likes to have the harvest info, so the active citizen would turn his or her's in to effectuate government efficiency. If you dig that sort of thing – Chez' advice above is good.

D
DrTheopolis
Sometime in the 90's, I won like 4th place in the tag raffle. Buncha outdated ODFW 100th Anniversary schwag. I still have the cool coffee mug, and I think I saw the hokey belt buckle in a drawer recently.

But the driftboat would be cool.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
they are having a drawing in 2014, here is the info from new regs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Troutski
J
JeannaJigs
Yep just take it back where you bought it or mail it in. I know someone that won the driftboat one year....ended up paying a couple grand in taxes for the boat and trailer. NO THANKS lol. Rod and reel would be alright though :)

Some states require that you mail it back. I got a license in washington this year and if you don't mail it in, whether you tagged anything or not, they send you a $50 fine for it. Which reminds me I should probably get that stupid thing in the mail.