Fishing near Beverly Beach SP?

H
HeBeGB
Hi Everybody,
I'm gonna be out at Beverly Beach for a few days at the end of March and I'm trying to research some places to fish. I am interested in just about anything that can be had from shore (can't afford a charter this time). I got some good tips on a couple of ling spots around Depoe Bay to try but wouldn't mind hearing whatever the rest of you might be willing to share. I am open to just about any type of location (beach/rocks etc..) and am open to targeting just about anything too. Ideally I'd like to do a real "buffet style" trip with a little surf fishing, a little rock fishing and I'd love to top it off by harvesting some clams/mussels or crabs. I'm open to poking around between Newport and Tillamook so if you have some tips for me let em rip!

Thanks

H
HeBeGB
crap! Just realized this I put this in the wrong place. Meant to put under Saltwater... and I can't figure out how to move/delete it... doh!

troutdude
troutdude
Don't worry. One of the Mods will move it for you; when they happen onto it.

Word: sometimes the beach at Beverly is NOT safe to enter (for humans or pets). So, you might want to call the park ahead and see what's going on.

If you have any interest in trout; several lakes have been recently stocked. Plus, there are holdovers from last year in others. Here's the stocking schedule:

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/resources/fishing/trout_stocking_schedules/2012/2012_N_Coast_Zone.pdf

H
HeBeGB
Cool I figured it would get sorted out... I'll get the hang of this eventually. :)

I hadn't heard anything about Beverly being dangerous. What's the issue? The trout info definitely doesn't hurt but it is the one kind of fishing I do most, and I'm kinda trying to branch out a little to learn how to fish for other stuff this year so I'm more excited about the saltwater options for this trip. I've read a lot of the posts on here about the jettys in Barview and Newport including the good stuff about night fishing that I think you were a part of. I might give that a try if things are really calm. Same with a couple of spots around Depoe. I figured I'd just throw the question out to see what other areas might be worth some investigation. Plus I've been lurking around this forum for years reading like crazy and not saying much and I figured I'm never gonna get any dang green dots if I keep lurking in the wings:)

troutdude
troutdude
The water at Bev beach sometimes has pollution advisories...I can't recall exactly why. Just wanted to give you (or your pets) don't get sick. It may be okay right now; IDK.

I understand about branching out, for other species and such. Just thought you might want a back up plan, if you don't get anything from the salt.

Wow. Good memory. Yep. I fished OFF the south finger jetties at Newport, many years ago at night. Got LOTS of nice sized Sea Bass. I think that area is blocked OFF now though.

Good luck fishing, and may the Green Dots Force be with you!