troutdude
troutdude
Thanks Chromatose!

M
mosd
hey troutdude, nice sea run cutthroat fly ya have for your sig pic

D
donb
They usually have copies for sale at Fisherman's Marine Supply in Oregon City.

troutdude
troutdude
mosd said:
hey troutdude, nice sea run cutthroat fly ya have for your sig pic

Thanks MOSD. Good to see you on here again.

The fly is a Borden Special, designed on the Alsea for bluebacks.

I bought some from Mitch at Two Rivers Fly shop in Albany.

N
n8r1
Resurrecting an old post...

I just bought a used copy at a Seaside bookstore for $2.00. I have only read a little bit of it but good info so far. For that price I had to buy it.

troutdude
troutdude
Bump.

I've discovered that there is more than one issue of this book. So, does anyone have a preference for which issue/edition of this book to get?

S
SmallStreams
Unless there's an edition newer than 2000, it probably doesn't matter as the gear talked about is what would have been updated. I think mine is about a 1980 edition and those rods/reels are only available as used gear. Most of the spinners/lures are still available. The fly patterns are timeless.

troutdude
troutdude
Thanks for your reply. I have plenty of rods and reels older than 1980; and I prefer old school gear in most cases. I like to read about the sport too, so I'll pick a copy and get one.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
If you really want to take a trip back in time, pick up a vintage copy of Fishing in Oregon (I bleev that's the title, I can't find my copy to verify). They talk about Carlton Lake bass and perch fishing - looked like a really sweet impoundment. That lake was removed in the early 70's, I think.

troutdude
troutdude
Thanks GU, that's a really good idea. I'd bet that Valsetz Lake is in there too...which is also no longer in existence. My dad and Uncle, used to catch all kinds of fish there back in the day.