fishing deep in the hills crek lake

B
Bassman
this weekend I will try fishing at packard cove I wil try wedding rings & worm I will lets the great fishing buddy , how i did cacth your folks on sunday have a great day byb good luck remember tight lines,

G
GrillMaster
Boat ramp

Boat ramp

Is there a boat ramp available when the water is low? I am going up this weekend and if there is a ramp I will bring my boat.

GM

J
jkeek9
saturday

saturday

im heading down saturday to try my luck
hope the weather hold up to what the forecast says

B
Bassman
boat ramps

boat ramps

yes their is a open boat ramp at packard creek ,

T
trollin4trout
Welll.......? How did you'all do? Even if you didn't catch anything- we need to know what you used so we won't have to waste time trying that!!!!:lol:

B
Bassman
fishing

fishing

hey trolling 4 trout i did not make it fishing in my boat enstead we went to ct the north side of the lake, sunday is was cold to cold for the boat but any way fishing was real slow fish part of the day only receeived to or three bites basic got skunk on the fish i use power bait and worm just not hitting off the bank that day oh i had fun take care, how did you do fishing in the boat or off the bank have a great day bybyb the bassman,

J
jkeek9
we got skunked. fished from pacjard creek to the bottom of the lake. we trolled gold krocodiles/other spoons. tried powerbait. nothin

B
Bassman
fishing

fishing

hey thier Jkeek9 non luck at oakard cove i think the fish are just note biting now trylater in the week bybyb from the bassman

Troutski
Troutski
Deep....

Deep....

I went up last Sunday afternoon and trolled around Packard creek and nothing happened so I traveled to one of the warm water springs. Fished with night crawlers and did rather well, the key to this time of year is to find warm water and food, oh yea food....

Chuck

Reactions: Fishydog
M
mikeredding
I have bank fished Hills Creek in the winter since I was very young. The best places are on the Hills Cr. arm just west of CT Beach and the Larison Cr. cove. We always use Velveeta cheese rolled into a very small ball with a #16 treble hook pressed in. Use 2 swivels about 12" apart with an egg sinker in between. Then about 16" leader below. This give the fish a little slack to move the bait without resistance. When they start hitting just take up the slack which moves the egg weight to the swivel and next hit......Bam!!!!!!!!!!
Try it, you won't be disappointed!

Reactions: Fishydog
B
Bassman
fishing

fishing

hi mike why two swivle how about one just below the sliding eggs sinker but i guess two will do the trick i wlll try it on sunday with two hook s this way i can fish with power bait on one then cheese on the other i heard they are startingto bite i will reply later on the week how how it went .

M
mikeredding
I have found that it casts much better with a swivel above and below the egg sinker. Try it both ways and see what works better for you. Maybe it's just me!!

B
Bassman
monday at the lake hill ceeeks again

monday at the lake hill ceeeks again

IT was a great day at the lake today sunday we did preety good catching rainbow trout nice size one s. monday it relally taper off we fish for three hrs and only got one litle one .the fish just wearnt with it today i just dont under stand it the water was clean & green calm just good condition for fishing they just stop biting oh well it was a great hoiliday any way just remember , tight line ok by by , the bass man