Fishing can our youth afford it? [ II ]

M
martin s.
Id like to thank everyone, Members of OFF, Trout unlimited, Orvis and my dear friends for your generous offers to help this one child to experience fishing. My wife stated, jokingly; that if all offers were excepted, Ben could start his own tackle shop and guide service. I Chatted this week with Bens mother and was informed that there family was experiencing financial difficulties. Maybe 10 dollars is to much to ask for a child's fishing lic. when it could be used to provide a meal for the family table. She bought a fishing lic. for Ben and I can take him out fishing when ever its convenient. First stop is empire lakes in coos bay this week, Hope he enjoys. Thanks again. sincerely; Martin S.

Reactions: OnTheDrop
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
There are a lot of great people in the fishing world! This community always touches my heart. :)

EOBOY
EOBOY
Martin I sure hope the young man has a good time out there. I think what your doing is a good thing hope it turns out ok.

EOBOY

C
ChezJfrey
This is great news. Thanks for the update.

P
playhooky
Down memory lane we go! Can't wait to hear about Ben's success on the water. Yay Mom! Small fee to shell out for what the boy will get out of it. Thanks to [MENTION=14468]martin s.[/MENTION] for ever OFFering a trip to the fish'n hole in the first place. Good stuff!!....and a Good Luck!

P
pinstriper
To me, the story was never about whether a $10 youth fishing license was too expensive and should the state charge it. It was always about what was going on in that family. Kind people find ways to kind things for their friends and neighbors in need.

B
bigsteel
let me know what he needs to get up and going