Fishing at North Fork 8-29-14

L
Lincoln
I went fishing a couple of weeks ago and had some luck. I was fishing with night crawlers and floating Gulp salmon eggs to keep the worms off of the bottom.
The fish were literally destroying my worms the second they hit the water. I started out using #8 hooks and those were too small because the fish kept swallowing them whole. Then I started using #4 and those were too big to set and I had to use too many eggs to keep it of the bottom.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204185537112653&l=e095b5fe67

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome to the forum! Keep up the great job with your fishing and posting reports! :thumb:

O
OrygunSon
Thanks for the update. I have been skipping N.F. this year due to the hassles. Were you fishing from the bank or on a boat? I am planning a trip next week and might consider N.F. as an option.

troutdude
troutdude
Excellent first report, and a decent stringer. Right on.

BTW, is your first name Abe? ;)

L
Lincoln
OrygunSon said:
Thanks for the update. I have been skipping N.F. this year due to the hassles. Were you fishing from the bank or on a boat? I am planning a trip next week and might consider N.F. as an option.

I was fishing from the bank between the boat launch and the fishing platform.

L
Lincoln
troutdude said:
Excellent first report, and a decent stringer. Right on.

BTW, is your first name Abe? ;)

No, but my last name is Continental.

O
OrygunSon
Thanks for the info Mr. Continental! :thumb:

O
OrygunSon
Well, Looks like I won't be heading to N.F. or Harriet this week like I had planned. Best of wishes and prayers to all of the Fire Fighters, residents, and folks affected by the 36 Pit Fire. Such a beautiful area. I have a huge lump in my gut right now.

D
DrTheopolis
Uhm, it's burned down before. Lots of times.

Circle of life, my friend.

If the Forest Service and associated bureaucracies don't screw things up, it'll be better than ever in the next 20 years. If they get stupid (like allowing salvage logging, or replanting with a monoculture), stream turbidity and some other factors will be an issue, then it becomes a bad thing.