Fishing around Sherwood

B
bigsteel
so i have a few hours of work to do up in sherwood tomorrow and i was wondering if anyone had some ideas for bank fishing around there that i could sneak away to...i see cook park in tualitin,,,or i could head to newberg..any advise would be much much appreciated.
 
B
beaverfan
The only place like right near there is the the Tualatin under the bridge on Roy Rodgers Rd. I don't think baits allowed this time of years so it's lures only. Cast a spinner and maybe get lucky and hook a Coho.
 
J
JeeperGal
beaverfan said:
The only place like right near there is the the Tualatin under the bridge on Roy Rodgers Rd. I don't think baits allowed this time of years so it's lures only. Cast a spinner and maybe get lucky and hook a Coho.

That's in my 'hood and I've driven by there many times wondering if one could fish... Where do you park?
 
B
bigsteel
thanks beaverfan,,,,gonna hit that spot today,,,ill let ya know how it goes...
 
B
beaverfan
There's a little extra room to pull off the shoulder there and just walk down the trail. I know some people that canoe/kayak and put in there and take out at cook park. I know you can fish from down there too, however I don't know how much bank access there is, but it's worth a shot.
 
J
JeeperGal
beaverfan said:
There's a little extra room to pull off the shoulder there and just walk down the trail. I know some people that canoe/kayak and put in there and take out at cook park. I know you can fish from down there too, however I don't know how much bank access there is, but it's worth a shot.

I drove by today and it looks like there is a parking spot down the road that joins roy rogers along the tualatin. can't wait to hear the fishing report :)
 
B
bigsteel
well i got skunked but it was a beautiful day out there,,i like the area and will keep it on my fishing list for work:shock::shock: headed to the n.fork of the santiam today,,,,,i can feel my first steelhead
 
J
JeeperGal
bigsteel said:
well i got skunked but it was a beautiful day out there,,i like the area and will keep it on my fishing list for work:shock::shock: headed to the n.fork of the santiam today,,,,,i can feel my first steelhead

Good luck :) I might be headed there too.. spending the weekend in breitenbush and thought I might head downstream from detroit to find a steely or two.

Hope you have some luck!
 
T
troutmasta
This is gonna sound crazy but my buddy had come old steak that was bad. well he put cheese sauce on it and fished it in the tualitan by king city. And killed the pike minnow. every cast. crazy. he just tore off little pieces
 
F
fishtales
It Sherwood! I’ve also heard a little Copenhagen snuff on the end of the hook works too.:lol:
 
Last edited:
F
fishtales
It has been a while since I fished Cook Park probably years, but is there still a log jam to the right of the boat ramp?
 

Similar threads

I
Replies
3
Views
387
troutdude
troutdude
B
Replies
14
Views
579
jamisonace
jamisonace
TheKnigit
Replies
4
Views
358
TheKnigit
TheKnigit
B
Replies
5
Views
467
BrianG
B
P
Replies
3
Views
383
Oregunner
O
Top Bottom