Fish scents

troutdude
troutdude
JeannaJigs said:
After today I will never go without scent. I have a hand sanitizer obsession of sorts, and realized steelhead don't appreciate the alcohol scent..lame. So I rubbed a certain delicious scent into my hands, mmm smells so good..and it moisturizes too! (true story my hands are sooo smooth lol) soon as I did that, fish on.

Hey Jeanna,

The suspense is killing me...what kind of scent did you use? (or, do I really want to know?...LOL):lol:

J
JeannaJigs
Lol whatever it is you're thinking...it wasn't lol.

Store bought concoction, I think it was called mikes or something like that :think:...came in a big squeeze bottle...I suppose some people might not appreciate it's scent, but I think it's excellent.

troutdude
troutdude
JeannaJigs said:
Lol whatever it is you're thinking...it wasn't lol.

Store bought concoction, I think it was called mikes or something like that :think:...came in a big squeeze bottle...I suppose some people might not appreciate it's scent, but I think it's excellent.

Just didn't know what it could be made from...possum gizzards, a green n' fuzzy fridge experiment, or ???

Oh yeah, I've seen Mike's scents on the shelves. I've wondered how well those work. Lil Salmon said someone was catching trout at EE Wilson recently, with a Garlic scent. I thought that Mike's made one like that (with Garlic), but couldn't find it (at least, not at Bi Mart). :doh:

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
Couldn't tell ya, I only use two scents, primarily only one, and I only use scent for Salmon and Steelhead, but only for steelhead when I'm trying to mask offensive odors, i.e hand sanitizer. Steelhead usually aren't too picky. Salmon on the other hand are another story. Don't know about garlic, never used it.