Fish report

schroegp
anybody been out to crescent since thuggin? I'm headed out there for a week of fishing first week in august. Appreciate any current info.
 
Specialed
Crescent Visit Coming Soon

Crescent Visit Coming Soon

Were going out the week of the 16th. Will hit Crescent at least one of the days. I'll post how we did and will be curious how you did as well. I'm not finding much info on the koke's other than Green Peter.
schroegp said:
anybody been out to crescent since thuggin? I'm headed out there for a week of fishing first week in august. Appreciate any current info.
 
Ntofishing
I just got back from Crescent last weekend. I wasn't able to get any hits and the people I talked to didn't get any either.

The water was 68 degrees and the fish that I could track were spread out quite a bit in the 40 to 70 foot range near the Island.


I hope you have a little better luck than we did.
 
Specialed
Thanks for the reply, we'll hit Odell a couple days, Crescent 1 and Wickiup 1. I'll post how we did when we get back.
Ntofishing said:
I just got back from Crescent last weekend. I wasn't able to get any hits and the people I talked to didn't get any either.

The water was 68 degrees and the fish that I could track were spread out quite a bit in the 40 to 70 foot range near the Island.


I hope you have a little better luck than we did.
 
Last edited:
Ntofishing
Sounds like fun. I am interested in how you do. One guy said it wouldn't get good until later in the month.
 
Specialed
Back from Odell and Crescent

Back from Odell and Crescent

Day 1 @ Odell, 2 kokes and a flasher wrapped around the propeller-(rookie move)
Day 2, went to Crescent, 0 fish. Wasn't sure exactlyl where to start but trolled around for about 4 hours looking for kokes and nothing. Only saw a few boats out there.Fished Odell in the afternoon from about 4 PM to dusk and nothing.
Day 3 @ Odell, 7 kokes-bite was off by 11 AM.
Day 4 @ Odell, 8 kokes-bite was off by 11 AM.
Day 5 @ Odell, 9 kokes-bite was off by 12 AM.
All of the fishe were 12" to 14". Not red hot I guess but I am getting ready to load up the smoker in a few minutes, and got 9 1/2 pints canned last night so I'm definitely happy with the outcome. Decided to skip Wickiup since we were having such a good time @ Odell.
Ntofishing said:
Sounds like fun. I am interested in how you do. One guy said it wouldn't get good until later in the month.
 
Left Bank
Nice to see that the patience paid off for ya. Great update.
 
Ntofishing
Awesome!! I am glad you caught fish. Well next time I am up there I will be going to Odell instead of Crescent.
 
Thuggin4Life
Thanks for the report. Crescent isn't much of a koke lake but yeilds some good browns but they are hard to get and has a good population of big macs. odell has some big macs too.
 
Specialed
We saw a nice Mac floating in the lake-later in the morning a big eagle snatched it up right in front of us and flew up into a big pine with it. It was awesome to see. The fish was probably about 15'.
Thuggin4Life said:
Thanks for the report. Crescent isn't much of a koke lake but yeilds some good browns but they are hard to get and has a good population of big macs. odell has some big macs too.
 
M
merryjoagnel
Sounds like fun. I am interested in how you do.

Sounds like fun. I'm interested in how you do.

catch fish
 
Top Bottom