First time @ Crane Prairie

J
jlayman0270
I'm heading out to Crane for the first time over the 4th. I don't have a boat (anymore) and I want to get some Bass and Panfish action. Any advice?

D
Drew9870
My dad was just at Crane.

I just wanted to warn everyone that Crane has a warning for High Levels of Blue-Green Algae, and to avoid any contact with the water, Same for pets.

This warning has been issued this month.

Troutski
Troutski
Contact...

Contact...

The problem with this stuff is not only does it get on you, but also you line, reel, net....in your motor and so on. Nasty stuff, not to be taken lightly.
Be patient, the stuff doesn't last very long. For your first time at Crane it should be remembered for the right reasons. HUGE fish....

Chuck

L
lbfishermen
jlayman0270 said:
I'm heading out to Crane for the first time over the 4th. I don't have a boat (anymore) and I want to get some Bass and Panfish action. Any advice?

i was just over there this last weekend and i was using a rubber worm

G
gonefirefighting
drops shots from the shore with dark 6-8 inchers

T
TTFishon
I fished Crane yesterday and lost a huge bass on a green rubber worm with no weight. I tied on another one and cast in the same area and hooked about a five pounder until it wrapped my line around a log. Two big ones lost in less than fifteen minutes. I managed to get two little ones to the bank. The algae bloom was fairly bad. My dog drank the water and didn't get sick at all. I'm looking forward to getting back up there in a few weeks. Good luck.