First Steelhead!!!! Coast Fork Willy

T

the_intimidator03

Well... I suprised myself today. I decided to hit cottage grove reservoir for bass and on the way I hit the Coast Fork and did a little fishing. Flung the dry flies out and missed a fish, Those dry fly eating fish are still ellusive to me. However I managed to land this beauty on a light action rod with 6 lb test! I used a Black roostertail with silver blade. She was 25 1/2 inches long and wild. Put on a wonderful show that I was going to try and record but she had other plans like running!. Needless to say she revived quickly and swam away after her photograph and measurements.

Attachments

• 100_1088.jpg
    100_1088.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
brandon4455

brandon4455

congrats. thats one beautiful fish :clap:

T

the_intimidator03

didn't really matter if i had my tags or not... I woulda released it. Makes me almost want to get my tags, just kind of have other priorities at the moment. I may mention that steelhead caused me to miss 3 more fish following that LOL

C

Chedster

Everytime I drive over the Coast fork of the Willamette I wonder if there are stray hatchery or wild steelhead in there. Looks like you proved there are. Good job catching one becasue it seems the chances of hooking one are slim. Beauty of a fish!

R

rippin fish lips

Everytime I drive over the Coast fork of the Willamette I wonder if there are stray hatchery or wild steelhead in there. Looks like you proved there are. Good job catching one becasue it seems the chances of hooking one are slim. Beauty of a fish!

yeah me to!! lol think i might have to fish it someday

R

rippin fish lips

Everytime I drive over the Coast fork of the Willamette I wonder if there are stray hatchery or wild steelhead in there. Looks like you proved there are. Good job catching one becasue it seems the chances of hooking one are slim. Beauty of a fish![/

ooopsss.... didn't want to do this, sorry about this guys

T

the_intimidator03

Its sure a suprise. Ive fished the river for several years and its the first one ive seen come out of it. I figure may as well leave the genetics in there and hope to keep em coming

Top Bottom