First Siuslaw steelhead

hobster
EOBOY;n601710 said:
Hobbs nice slow mo!

Thanks man, just figured that out, I really dig it.

Always a pleasure fishing with my buddies Roger and Brandon, it was an enjoyable day.

I am always conflicted to post pics or vids because I never want to advertise where I get fish (nor does anyone else). This place is no secret, and anyone who fishes there knows my favorite hole Roger hooked this fish 100 yards away and we ended up landing it in this spot :thumb: What a fight!

Reactions: EOBOY
rogerdodger

he speaks the truth, I 'actually' hooked that 3 pound fish just up from Mapleton and danced over the rocks/logs/brush with amazing agility and skill to reach the spot where Hobster was holding my net...lol

on a serious note, I think most of us (including Hobster, otherwise I might get cross-checked into the river next time out...) differentiate between a 'secret' spot and a 'favorite' spot. this stretch of the Siuslaw is a series of holes/spots, drift boats often move just 50yards or so before anchoring to hit another spot....not that it makes catching these fish any easier but fishing a good hole at least gives you hope.

Last edited:
T
troutmasta
Chromer-

Reactions: rogerdodger
Admin
troutmasta;n601784 said:

howdy, troutmasta. where are yours?

S
stanster
Great job and thanks for sharing!!

T
troutmasta
Anatoliy;n601785 said:
howdy, troutmasta. where are yours?

Only fished once this year and all I caught was a buzz..