First Oregon bass.

S
silkiechicken
LOL, sorry about the lack of pic w/o camera, but while playing with sunfish, the tiniest little bass decided to come and see what was going on. The little monster was maybe 2-3 inches long from nose to tail and his mouth was HUGE. He could have easily swallowed a sharpie if he was long enough.

Where there are little ones there should be big ones right? :think:

M
Metz84
silkiechicken said:
LOL, sorry about the lack of pic w/o camera, but while playing with sunfish, the tiniest little bass decided to come and see what was going on. The little monster was maybe 2-3 inches long from nose to tail and his mouth was HUGE. He could have easily swallowed a sharpie if he was long enough.

Where there are little ones there should be big ones right? :think:

In most cases yes. I dont think ODFW puts bass in their. But birds eat fish eggs and dont digest their food so its possible that a bird ate some bass that had eggs or ate some eggs and took a dump in the pond. I wasn't aware that there were bass in this pond.:think:

G
gold_smokie
sure sure , telling more fish stories how conveniant you didn't have a camera

bass
bass
How can we believe that you caught a monster like that without a pic :)

I would guess you are correct in that if you caught a little bass that there are likely bigger bass in that pond. I only every fished it for trout but I certainly caught enough bluegill on accident to know that it is a good warm water environment.

H
HRxPaperStacks
ODFW states that there are bass in the pond. The question is: which pond? there are 2!

M
mahmichael
There are bass in it. One I caught one on a spoon! about 10 inches.

H
HRxPaperStacks
mahmichael said:
There are bass in it. One I caught one on a spoon! about 10 inches.
Was it in the one that ev eryone fishes for trout in? or the one to the left of the trail?

M
mahmichael
yeah. The one that they stock trout.

H
HRxPaperStacks
mahmichael said:
yeah. The one that they stock trout.

hmmm thanks for restoring my hope! That water is SOOOO bassy!!!

M
mahmichael
HRxPaperStacks said:
hmmm thanks for restoring my hope! That water is SOOOO bassy!!!

Youre welcome! :)
Go to the very end of the pond, there's a lot of weed but I'm sure you can find bass there. That's where I caught mine! ;)