First bass of the year!

T
Throbbit _Shane
Fished Sunday and had one on for seven seconds or so before it came unbuttoned, felt like a good one too. Came back Tuesday afternoon and managed to stick one 15 minutes or so into fishing. Nice one around 3lbs.

b29221b0-74d0-48e0-b4d8-83a796ee760d.jpg

Then on the way back to the boat ramp I nailed another one but a little bit bigger.

48338be6-d0cf-4102-86e7-5d69d09a818b.jpg

Great day on the water! And I'm pretty sure these are my earliest bass landed.

Tight Lines!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Dang! Looks like you made up for lost time in a great way. Congrats! :worthy:

T
TimberTodd
Nice bass Shane. What method were you using?

B
billfisher
Nice early bass! Way to get after them!

T
Throbbit _Shane
TimberTodd said:
Nice bass Shane. What method were you using?

Thanks! Was throwing a Swimbait.

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
Great Fish! I have to ask tho,what lake? Bass fever is setting in :)

Aervax
Aervax
Those are really nice bass - encouraging to me. I am focused on steelhead at the moment, but literally last night I was thinking it is time to check water temp and get after the bass on some short outings. I plan to drop shot on the Columbia. Do you have that same level of success throwing swimbaits for smallies, too?

M
mikeee2362
Nice Fish Shane!! Gonna have to target some of those soon too, been a bass guy for the past several years, but I got STEELHEAD FEVER right now!!

F
Finneus Polebender
You put in your time bud....takes a ton of patience and a ton of casting a hunk o rubber to get this kinda lovin great day look forward to the maylay

T
Throbbit _Shane
GoBlueFan said:
Great Fish! I have to ask tho,what lake? Bass fever is setting in :)
The place isn't big so location will be kept under wraps sorry. It is public though. Go give it a shot, Sunday was my fourth bass trip of the year and Tuesday was my fifth, should be getting better from now on, unless we get a cold streak. Also I seen some good bags were taken at 10 Mile Lake this past weekend at the Frost Bite Open.
Aervax said:
Those are really nice bass - encouraging to me. I am focused on steelhead at the moment, but literally last night I was thinking it is time to check water temp and get after the bass on some short outings. I plan to drop shot on the Columbia. Do you have that same level of success throwing swimbaits for smallies, too?
We did good last year with a smaller top water swimbait on the Umpqua River, that was summer though.
Finneus Polebender said:
You put in your time bud....takes a ton of patience and a ton of casting a hunk o rubber to get this kinda lovin great day look forward to the maylay
We've both been putting in our time my friend! Thanks for showing me the ropes Dave! And for letting me fish from the front for a little bit too :D :D :D

T
troutmasta
NIce feesh Shane!