Finally my first time being successful catching freshwater bass.

S
SeanC
My first freshwater bass came in at 6 lbs
Second one at 3 1/2 lbs.

A
AK Assassin
Great looking fish! Bet it felt pretty nice hooking into those guys. I have the itch to head out there now!

S
SeanC
Brother you have no idea. I've never had anyone show me how to fish bass until this one guy I met there. He gave me some really good pointers. I was expecting to land a small pound and a half or so. But to pop my cherry with a 6 pounder??? I guess it is time to get a different tackle box....just for bass.
My oldest daughter almost tripped over the net she was carrying after I called her over to see. Now she wants to go bass fishing too. Lol

A
AK Assassin
SeanC said:
Brother you have no idea. I've never had anyone show me how to fish bass until this one guy I met there. He gave me some really good pointers. I was expecting to land a small pound and a half or so. But to pop my cherry with a 6 pounder??? I guess it is time to get a different tackle box....just for bass.
My oldest daughter almost tripped over the net she was carrying after I called her over to see. Now she wants to go bass fishing too. Lol

I can hear the excitement in your words. Awesome! Can't wait to take my kids out fishing! My first is only 14 months old, but she already has a fishing rod. My son will be born at the end of August. Again...nice fish!

T
TTFishon
Nice first bass!!! That's a pig for sure!

M
Modest_Man
Pond 5?

brandon4455
brandon4455
nice fish!!!

18406ej
18406ej
I hooked into a bass purely by accident on the Willamette here in Salem once- what a fun fight! Congratulations on the nice fish

EJ

J
jabs67
Nice hog for sure!!! Way to go!!!!

S
SeanC
It was actually in pond 7. It is pretty murky. I used a black and blue skirt with a blue pumpkin head.

H
Hawk
Beautiful Lunker Bass. :D

Well Done.

:clap::clap::clap:

:D:D:cool:

S
SeanC
Thanks. I met a Guy today while resuplying some lures. He bass fishes a lot and OFFered to let me and my oldest daughter tag along so we could learn more. I'm really looking forward to the opportunity.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Really nice bass!! Especially for your first ones!

Hope they were C&R!

S
SeanC
Ya, I had him on a stringer for a few min so my daughter could get her camera ready and let them check him out. But I want that one to grow bigger. Besides I've heard it is hard to introduce bass into ponds and lakes and that it is better to c&r so the can reproduce naturally and maintain the population.

S
sherman
I'm still waiting for the thrill of a monster like that. good job.

B
Big3d
excellent job, you landed a huge fish in a small pond, congrats,and many more heading your way!!!

bass
bass
Great job! I have never heard of anyone nailing a 6lber for their first bass.

I still remember my first bass. It was back in about ~1969 when 10" of large-mouthed fury unleashed itself on my tiny red and white DareDevle. (You would think that fish would have the decency grow in size in my memory over that last 40 some odd years, but it stubbornly stays at 10".) While I reeled that fish in it jumped twice. From that day on I was a bass fisherman.