Fall reports - B10 to Portland

S
Swamp Puppy
What's the scoop?

Been pretty slow around the St Helens area so far. Been out a few times in the last couple of weeks and didn't see much going on. Friday was windy and we didn't see anyone drift out of maybe 20 boats in view. Heard of a few steelies caught and the random 'Nook here and there.

Heard a report that they knocked the snot out of them this past weekend down by rainier. something like 30 fish on saturday or sunday. just curious how many of those are 'Nooks? i know they have been slaying the steelies at the mouth of the Cow. Just curious if the report came from someone watching people boat steelies?

Will be out again on wed...hope to have a picture of the first fall nook (for me) of 2010!

B
BobbiDollPDX
I'm going out again on the 22nd and am hoping things have picked up by then. I want a fall nook too!

S
Swamp Puppy
was out yesterday below 77 again. few boats, not much action. heard of a few caught on the early tide (split tides this week), but not much on the afternoon tide.

did have about a 6ft sturgeon breach about 20ft away from the side of my boat...scared the hell outta me. i was looking right at it when it came up and thought a sea lion was jumping. took a minute for me to process what i saw before i realized it was a big fat ol sturg.

R
rippin fish lips
winchesterbay is HOT right now! right on the bar

S
SALTYFISH
My buddy who is a guide said the fish finally got in the river.He fished youngs bay and surounding areas yesterday and went 7 for 10 mix of coho and nook .:dance::dance:I can't wait i will be there sun, mon, tue, i will be sure too post :dance:

C
Cohosanders
My bro and two friends went 1 for 2 chinook on Mon., 3 kings and 1 coho on Tues. and Wed. was the grand finaly for them...Each of them caught 1 coho and 1 king:D:D The fish counter discovered one of those chips in one of their fish and cut it out and went on to say they did the best out of anyone those days.Right there in the mouth of The Columbia:) I cannot wait to get my first bouy 10 catch:dance:

Last edited:
F
FishFinger
Kodiak said:
Iheard over the weekend the fish moved into B10 finnaly!

Ditto, it's starting