Most Featured

Attachments

• FallChinook.jpg
    FallChinook.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 53
  • FallCoho.jpg
    FallCoho.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 47
I wish they would change the ocean Coho season, just let you catch two fish and be done. Releasing all the natives that are not going to make it is so tough. You can be has careful as you can and some will still die they are so fragile.

I wish they would change the ocean Coho season, just let you catch two fish and be done. Releasing all the natives that are not going to make it is so tough. You can be has careful as you can and some will still die they are so fragile.
I've definitely heard this discussed the meetings, if I heard correctly, from a quota impact standpoint, for every 7 wild coho contacts (C&Rs), it is assumed that 1 will die. once we get coho recovery to a point that they are no longer listed, I think it brings lots of management options into play.

I've definitely heard this discussed the meetings, if I heard correctly, from a quota impact standpoint, for every 7 wild coho contacts (C&Rs), it is assumed that 1 will die. once we get coho recovery to a point that they are no longer listed, I think it brings lots of management options into play.
I believe this from the ones that are super careful and handle them with care, their are others that simply don't care. I try not to get them out of the water and not in a net a gaffe and slide the hoof out while they are in the water is the best option in my opinion.

Top Bottom