East Salish?

I
Ifishforfood
does anybody know if the gills and sunfish in east salish are still biting, or are all the fish in there lock jawed beacause of the cold water? salish ponds are pretty much the only place other than the columbia river within biking distance of my house , other than the columbia. i just got back from there, and its pointless fishing in that near freezing water for anything, from the bank!:mad: if anybody has caught anything out of the ponds lately, please reply. thanks

T
Troutier Bassier
Stay home bro. Bluegills are nowhere in sight.

I
Ifishforfood
what about crappies or catfish? think i could catch either?

T
Troutier Bassier
No neither. Waters too cold.

B
beaverfan
Have you tried fishing for Sturgeon in the Columbia?

T
Troutier Bassier
Yeah bro, want to go Sturgeon fishing? I'll go with you on Sunday or something...

C
chrisohm
If you really want to try fishing for a warmwater species in winter then you have to work small lures very slowly. Spinners work well for this and I have on accident, caught some bluegills at St. Louis Ponds. Size 1 or 2, nickel, brass, or a bright color like pink or chartreuse. I have seen more Bluegill in the West Pond than the East pond. Also, the west pond may still hold a very large catfish that loves to hide under the dock and literally take your bait every time. I swear that fish has thumbs and some fingers to boot.

L
Liphooked
I had a bass jumping in the east pond yesterday. I mean jumping too.
chrisohm said:
If you really want to try fishing for a warmwater species in winter then you have to work small lures very slowly. Spinners work well for this and I have on accident, caught some bluegills at St. Louis Ponds. Size 1 or 2, nickel, brass, or a bright color like pink or chartreuse. I have seen more Bluegill in the West Pond than the East pond. Also, the west pond may still hold a very large catfish that loves to hide under the dock and literally take your bait every time. I swear that fish has thumbs and some fingers to boot.