Duck hunters?

O
Oregonchris
Will you be at Summer Lake for the opener?
If you want to fish the Chewaucan River is close, I dont know if it open or not. Also the Ana Reservoir has produce state record wierd bass.
 
Last edited:
S
Swamp Puppy
i'll be there.
 
K
Kodiak
Plenty of birds need a serious whoopen here. I'll hit it when the snows show up, not till then.
 
K
Kodiak
On the move? I was taking my son to the bus stop this morning when a group of specks came over so low you could of hit them with a rock! A quick question though...since when do specks use little mountain valleys to hang out in? Last spring there was about a dozen that hung out for about 2 months in february, march. Maybe I'll leave them alone and they'll turn into a bunch of birds next year.:think:
 
kirkster
kirkster
my thoughts on the white fronts

my thoughts on the white fronts

Im an avid goose hunter my dad and I have a private farm outside of boardman Or. From my expierience ten years ago we never seen or herd of a spec around. About eight years ago there were about 50 that wintered on the farm and last year there were several thousand. The snow geese in about the same pattern. I dont think leaving them alone will make them multiply rather than the birds themselves are changing flite paterns. Im no bioligist just my thinking.
 
D
dude young
So, okay. It is getting close here kids.

As most know by now, I am still in my first year living in Oregon, so this, too is a request for some help-ish.

I have all the gear: Deeks, dog, gun, waders, boat... ...just no real grip on the where-to-go. Not to mention, one of the best things about duckin' is the camaraderie (the dog is nice, but she tends to bore me with the constant silence).

If anyone wants to share a blind this season, I can provide all my stuff, or leave it at home. Either way, I don't care; just want to get after some birds. I am game for anywhere within an hour and a half of P-town on the weekends, and could do an eve. flight in the Salem area during the week.

Anyone? Anyone? Buller?;)

Oh, and, if you're not much of a duck hunter/don't have the gear but want to go and have a clue where we can hunt, let me know. All you need to bring is a gun and waders.
 
Last edited:
K
Kodiak
dude young said:
So, okay. It is getting close here kids.

As most know by now, I am still in my first year living in Oregon, so this, too is a request for some help-ish.

I have all the gear: Deeks, dog, gun, waders, boat... ...just no real grip on the where-to-go. Not to mention, one of the best things about duckin' is the camaraderie (the dog is nice, but she tends to bore me with the constant silence).

If anyone wants to share a blind this season, I can provide all my stuff, or leave it at home. Either way, I don't care; just want to get after some birds. I am game for anywhere within an hour and a half of P-town on the weekends, and could do an eve. flight in the Salem area during the week.

Anyone? Anyone? Buller?;)

Oh, and, if you're not much of a duck hunter/don't have the gear but want to go and have a clue where we can hunt, let me know. All you need to bring is a gun and waders.

Thats terrible problem to have. Fishing spots I don't mind sharing..but hunting spots, thats a nother topic all together.:lol:I'm joking...Of coarse I'll take you to whak some greenheads. I've got three spots that border the refuge down here..but though shalt not whack the honkers B.S. applies most days there. I also have some other places I know up in your neck of the woods pending water. Mebe I'll sneak up there on day and show you some quick evening hunts, and some places that only happen in your dreams.
 
D
dude young
Kodiak said:
Thats terrible problem to have. Fishing spots I don't mind sharing..but hunting spots, thats a nother topic all together.:lol:I'm joking...Of coarse I'll take you to whak some greenheads. I've got three spots that border the refuge down here..but though shalt not whack the honkers B.S. applies most days there. I also have some other places I know up in your neck of the woods pending water. Mebe I'll sneak up there on day and show you some quick evening hunts, and some places that only happen in your dreams.

Be careful, 'cause I just might hold you to that. You are a kind and generous man. But, really, your secret spots are safe with me. Heck, anything you are willing to share is safe with me. I know how public land hunting can go. I started parking a mile away from one farm we hunted back East because the truck attracted enough drive-by attention that niether me, nor the land owner really wanted.

We haven't got a chance to fish together, yet, so why not just get together and put a dent in the duck population. You tell me what works for you.

I am afraid of geese out here. I just know that when I finally decide to shoot one it'll be the wrong one. Probably stick to quackers for a while.
 
M
Markcanby
Ah Dude geese are easy here just don't shoot teh little dark ones.:lol: I just hate the when we finally get the water in the flats for ducks an teh geese come down the season is over.:mad:
 
O
Oregonchris
Markcanby said:
Ah Dude geese are easy here just don't shoot teh little dark ones.:lol: I just hate the when we finally get the water in the flats for ducks an teh geese come down the season is over.:mad:

Over East you get to shoot all the geese right?
 
M
Markcanby
Yeah kinda you only have to report in the I5 section but they ask you still report if you kill a Dusky. As a rule its good to take the class an know how to recognize them its not really that hard.
 

Similar threads

O. mykiss
Replies
8
Views
2K
O. mykiss
O. mykiss
The Guides Forecast
Replies
0
Views
988
The Guides Forecast
The Guides Forecast
MT_dirtbag
Replies
11
Views
456
TheKnigit
TheKnigit
jamisonace
Replies
0
Views
261
jamisonace
jamisonace
F
Replies
4
Views
339
mattsavage
M
Top Bottom