Drift boat rear anchor

F
fishinmachine
So I am helping a buddy "add" a few things to his 16' alumaweld drift boat. He wants to be able to have his 9.9 kicker hanging on the back and have a rear anchor. I have yet to find a good solution for him. Any ideas will be appreciated.
thanks,
fishin'

O
Outdrsmn
best option i think there is, is a back side mount it should stick out far enough to clear the motor.

F
fishinmachine
Thanks. Any recommendations on where to find one?

H
hydedrifter
You can check out Hyde boats, they have a mount for your motor which is designed to let you use an outboard and your rear anchor. You could also just move the bracket over to clear the motor, if that will not work you can buy the side anchor bracket.

Check the websites of some major builders and they will have what you need. Willie boats has photos.

Good luck,

F
fishinmachine
Cool thanks

Irishrover
Irishrover
I have a 16' Clackacraft. The boat came with an angled offset rear anchor system so as to be able to accomadate an outboard. I have a 35# piramid anchor that works well with this system. However for reasons of safety I never use the anchor system while I have the outboard on. That puts a lot of weight on the rear of the boat. Just an outboard alone screws up the way a drift boats is designed to ride in the water. I move to the center of my boat and use a tiller extention to correct this problem. There are good anchor sytems that work from the bow if you are running an outboard. Just something you might want to look into. Stay safe live long catch fish!;)

Last edited:
F
FishTastic
Just an idea here, maybe go to a custom fab shop and describe what you want and let them build a custom heavy duty aluminum bracket to serve the purpose, with this idea, you have the option to have it built any particular way to improve access and minimize interference with the motor. I can recomend VanWeld in Verboort, OR. It is probably a far drive for you but they are the very best at this, they build custom boats and sleds amoung many other gadgets to get you fishin' in style!