Draw tags

D
DB Crouper
Do any of you find yourself pondering the upcoming draw results, while you should be concentrating on your work, driving, spouse, children, or other important aspects of your life? Do you have nightmares accentuated by the word, "UNSUCCESSFUL", even though you know you have enough points to draw a tag? Do you check the ODFW website several times a day, even though you know the results are more than a week away? Do you discuss the hunts you have applied for with coworkers and friends who have absolutely no interest in the topic? Do those same people move away from you when you approach? Do you reread the boundaries and dates of your hoped for hunt obsessively, and look at your maps for the 1000th time? Do you recount your arrows, broadheads, or bullets and find the numbers are always the same?

If you do more than one of the above, you, my spirit friend, have Drawtag Fever. Typically it only lasts for about 2 weeks, but because your immune system is so compromised by DF, you are susceptible to The bacterial infection that often follows- Planningitus Bacillius. The only known cure for PB is September, October, and/or November.

If you have other symptoms of either disease, please share them.:)

• big buck.jpg
Last edited:
C
capblack
i thought i was the only one!!

H
halibuthitman
I think im finally immune, Im lucky though, I usally draw about 33% of the time... my brother turns in a lot of poachers... he pretty much draws every time..:rolleyes: nice buck, love the crown tines!:clap:

S
Slick
DB Crouper said:
If you have other symptoms of either disease, please share them.:)
My butt itches. Does that count?

D
DB Crouper
Slick said:
My butt itches. Does that count?

No, that disease, BI, is not related. The good news is that you don't have to wait until September for treatment, which consists of PH for a week or less, depending on the severity of the BI.

Dr. DB

D
DB Crouper
Hoping to return to God's country.

S
strawberry shortcake
That photo looks like the view from on top the Gondolla at Wallowa Lake looking towards the North Woods area (Whiskey Creek, etc).

B
Big Hairy Dawg
I got it bad! I'm still reading the regs trying to find something I haven't already seen.

D
DB Crouper
Could have results any time now. Should be today.

B
Big Hairy Dawg
I drew 154C Whoo Hoo!

Last edited:
D
DB Crouper
258R- SUCCESSFUL
Heaven on earth.

C
capblack
i drew the west santiam doe tag, but was unsuccessful for the 216b3 and 216b2 for the 4th year in a row. maybe next year

D
DB Crouper
capblack said:
i drew the west santiam doe tag, but was unsuccessful for the 216b3 and 216b2 for the 4th year in a row. maybe next year

You should get 216b2 next year if you have 4 points. 216b3 takes 5 points or some luck with 4 points (20%). I have a website that predicts every draw tag % by points in the state. I can't email it because my provider blocks it, but the man who did the research and provides the information can be emailed at ronwold@gmail.com. I imagine he could email his site to you. Hope this helps. Ron Wold is a great guy.

C
crusty old fisherman
I got an early tioga tag never hunted there before hopefully there are lots of animals around

crusty

B
Big Hairy Dawg
RE - Whoo Hoo!

RE - Whoo Hoo!

Sorry a miss print... Make that ...I drew 154c Mt Emily Muledeer during the rut!

Whoo Hoo! :clap: