Dodge Park 4/1

K
Kage
So I went out and fished Oxbow as my now weekly ritual, nothing to report there. Moved on over to Dodge and noticed some fish in the water near me. At first I thought they were rocks but noticed the shape and saw they were all fish except that...tail fins were missing. Anyone got an explanation for this? I took them out of the water and lined them up to take a pic of them, there was at least 1 more in the water too deep for me to go and get.

• GOPR0353 resize.jpg
M
Modest_Man
Hatchery spawners from Cedar Creek dumped for nutrient enhancement. Tails are cut so when rivers are surveyed for steelhead the fish don't get counted twice.

bass
bass
Thanks for the explanation MM. For a second there I was going to say that was the most aggressive adipose clip I had ever seen :)

D
Dizzy Fisherman
Did you put them back in the water?

K
Kage
No I thought it was some odd failed snag or something. I'll set them back in the water when I swing by tomorrow. Is there an exact distance they need to be? Some were a few feet apart in like clusters.

M
Modest_Man
In the water or out of the water it doesn't matter. Nutrients get recycled regardless. In the water they smell less.