Do you swivel when jigging?

T
TimberTodd
Between the main line and leader that is. I use P Line hydrofloat for my main line with a flurocarbon leader and have used a barrel swivel between the two and I have also just tied them together with an albright knot. Does one have an advantage over the other? I am currently reading Dave Vedders book on jig fishing and see illustrations showing both setups. So far though I havent read about any advantages of one way over the other.
Todd

R
RunWithSasquatch
I use a weighted swivel that matches my bobbers.

A
alseaalumaweld
i use split shot or a weighted swive. or hollow core lead

S
SantiamDrifter
RunWithSasquatch said:
I use a weighted swivel that matches my bobbers.

You mean an inline weight?

And I run the hydrofloat on one float rod. All I ever heard was how the bobber stops were stripping the coating off after a couple adjustments. So I just do what the ol' fly boys do. Tie in a 6-10 ft bumper of flouro, and run my bobber off that.

That has two advantages. One, you wont ever strip your yellow coating off, making your line last a lot longer. Two, the fish wont ever see the hi vis yellow being that the mainline (your hydrofloat) never breaks the water's surface when using a 6-10 ft bumper.

I tie this using a uni to uni knot. But the Albright is a very strong knot as well.

T
TimberTodd
Thanks guys. I have experienced the bobber stop rubbing off the coating also.
Todd

R
RunWithSasquatch
SantiamDrifter said:
You mean an inline weight?

yep.

And the uni-knot is one of my favorites.

A
alseaalumaweld
id get some line that dosnt suck. trow that hydro float away! get some 30 pounds yellow power pro