Do you need a tag to fish for sturgeon if the river is closed to retention?

T
TJR_84
I have a tag but i want to bring my younger brother and he does not have a tag will it be legal for him to fish even if the river is not open to retention?

D
Drew9870
Gotta have the tags. You could get him a day tag, unless he will want to fish again.

S
SturgeonSurgeon
If you get stopped by a game warden or the SP just tell them your cat fishing.......no way to prove otherwise and it is not illegal to fish for cats without a tag because you don't need one. I know that everybody is gonna hate comment me now but come on there is no reason they shouldn't be allowed to fish for them without a tag as long as they are not poaching and keeping the fish...

T
Thuggin4Life
Both of you guys are right.

A
alseaalumaweld
i know osp will think you need a tag

R
RunWithSasquatch
"Im just cat fishing with this 16'' smelt for bait"

A
alseaalumaweld
ha!

T
Thuggin4Life
Well you gotta "look" the part.

S
SturgeonSurgeon
RunWithSasquatch said:
"Im just cat fishing with this 16'' smelt for bait"
Hahahaha 16" Smelt....hey when you find me smelt that big let me know.....and for the record I never said what bait I use...but a 16" smelt.....lmao

P
plumb2fish
RunWithSasquatch said:
"Im just cat fishing with this 16'' Shad for bait"

Fixed it for Ya

A
alseaalumaweld
haha

M
Marvin's Guide Service
Just get a tag, it will save you lots of problems later..

Reactions: RunWithSasquatch
R
RunWithSasquatch
guidem said:
Just get a tag, it will save you lots of problems later..

:think: :clap:

J
JeannaJigs
Ha ha wow how did I miss this one? I'm slackin'. A tag/license is like $16 for a day for an adult think a kid is less. That's less than it costs to go to the movies or go to dinner somewhere other than the mcdonalds dollar menu....prioritize. No excuse for not having the proper licenses.

Reactions: beaverfan