Do you have a "special place"

T
Trout
As in where you will end up after meeting your eventual demise ? In my current Will - last wishes document my ashes are to be sprinkled in the Deschutes in several places between Mecca and Trout Creek. Specifically in some of those nice weedy beds full of nymphs.

Hopefully my crispy remains will be absorbed by the plants and nymphs ... and my atoms will become part of the fish and the river.

Please be careful where you pee in the future when on the Big D

J
JeannaJigs
I'm all about ash dispersal...but when you get right down to it, it's kinda gross lol

Reactions: bigsteel
F
FlyBum
When I go, it will be floating face down in a river somewhere. At least I hope.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Ideally, buried under a big oak or maple overlooking the stretch of trout stream, or at least the pond on the plot of land I own.

The problems with this currently are:

1.) I don't have enough cash to buy a square foot of real estate, let alone the hundred or so acres I dream about situated on a trout stream.

2.) I haven't found the right place yet, even if I had the cash.

But i know what it looks like in my dreams, so hopefully I either become super successful later in life, or I hit the power ball or something and I can buy the land of my dreams.

S
Sinkline
FlyBum said:
When I go, it will be floating face down in a river somewhere. At least I hope.

I kinda with you..., I'll be hunched over in my tube dead as a door nail when they find me. :lol:

Randy

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Several years ago my best friend's last wish was to have her ashes sprinkled in the Sea of Gahlilee. So, when she lost the battle with cancer,I took her ashes to Israel...as I was sprinkling her ashes a fully armed Israelli patrol boat circled our boat several times with all the guns pointed at me. :shock: Even though I had the captains' blessings, the military guys weren't so understanding. It took several minutes of explaining and negotiations to keep me out of jail. :naughty: Point is, make sure its' not going to land someone in the hooskow.
That said, I have made arrangements to literally donate my remains to science. They will pay for everything and then return my ashes to my family. I don't have a real preference for final dispersal as long as I'm not in a jar sitting on a fireplace or in a closet. Sprinkle my ashes somewhere outside, is all I ask. :)

Reactions: bigsteel
W
wozniasm
Mine to be put into a hole and a tree planted on top somewhere in a national forest. I've been told I'm full of s#@t so figure I'd be decent fertilizer...
The wive's to be put in San Francisco Bay so I'd get a nice trip out of it! Be careful regarding putting them in the ocean - a freind did his father that way and several of them ended up wearing him due to the winds when they did it!

B
brookie47
Naps!! Summer 2011 109.JPGInteresting topic! Its nice to know there are other people who think the way I do. I have several places i want my ashes sprinkled.

1. South Junction on the Deschutes, my favorite riffle on the entire river.

2. Dairy Creek in the headwaters (Mountaindale area). Gorgeous Native Cutts!

3. Timothy Lake, north end where the small man made islands and the small inlets are. Good brookie fishing. Also our Golden Retrievers favorite place to campout and swim. Naps passed away 2 months ago and we are planning a family trip to sprinkle his ashes.

Last edited: