Diamond lake mosquitos

O

Outdrsmn

I am thinking about heading up to diamond lake in early july. Can someone tell me how the mosquitos get up there?

T

Thuggin4Life

They get about three times the size of the average mosquito. All the chemicals the have used up there have made some kind of mutated mosquito strain. No just joking haven't ever been up there.

Troutski

Troutski

Small Children and pets...

Small Children and pets...

I have seen small children and pets being carried away by the skeeters in the Cascades....;)

Chuck

B

Bfishin

Lol...Good stories about the skeeters. Makes me want to stay clear of the place!. Just kiddin. With Trout that plentiful and that large, nothing's gonna stop me from going atleast once this year.

Troutski

Troutski

Shore...

Shore...

Lol...Good stories about the skeeters. Makes me want to stay clear of the place!. Just kiddin. With Trout that plentiful and that large, nothing's gonna stop me from going atleast once this year.

They only bother you when you are on shore...my theory is stay on the water and you will be just fine.

Chuck

S

steelhead1

We camped in that area last summer about the same time last year,as soon as we stopped(in a jeep with no top) we were assaulted by hundreds of super aggressive blood suckers:shock:.It was so bad we had to make a run for it.We found a little resort/store and got some 99%deet,I think it was 8 bucks a bottle.took a nice stinky shower in the the stuff and it kept them from landing on us, but they continuously bounced of our skin,almost as anoying!Now I always keep a bottle in my survival kit thats with me whenever I am out adventuring!

S

Slap A Fish

blood suckers

blood suckers

I am thinking about heading up to diamond lake in early july. Can someone tell me how the mosquitos get up there?

I just got back yesterday. mosquitos were pretty bad but no unbareable, I use that 100% deet spray and I got bit maybe 3 times over 4 days