Detroit fun Saturday

F
Freeday
Went out to the lake on Saturday morning. Started trolling about 9:00 am and got bit immedetialy. It went on that way until I quit at about 2:30. it was one of those silly fishing days when they will bite anything you throw at them and at any depth. Besides trolling I stopped and casted to boils, drifted a worm etc. Lost count of how many trout I caught but probably released 30 fish along with three kings and one koke-all very small.
Tried down deeper where I was marking some larger fish at 50-70 feet but only one taker down there. All in all a great day with the sun shining and had the lake to myself for the most part.

T
Thuggin4Life
Sounds funs! so what took down with them pigs?

C
Coho Kid
Chinook

Chinook

I'd like to know what the kings were hitting on, and if they were any good size or quality? I'd heard it was a worth while fishery, but have only been there for trout on the Breitenbush Arm.

F
Freeday
The taker at 55' was a 14" bow. The kings were maybe all of 8" but beautiful fish. 2 kings on an opaque white needlfish and one on an apex. Was told by a friend that drifting bait near the dam in deeper water will produce the larger holdovers??? Will have to try again. I was all around the island in both arms.

B
bigsteel
with as low as the lake is,,the closer to the dam will hold bigger fish

troutdude
troutdude
Sounds like a nice day all around.

Welcome to the forum.