Delta Ponds report?

S
SwimbaitBassin
Fished delta again today from 1:30 to 4ish tied my 2nd biggest of life 231/2inch 7.1 lb.
Was one of the best landing jobs ever as well, When i hooked her i was standing about 15ft above the water(she hit my senko like a butterfly was just a tick) when i set the hook she tail walked like a steelhead 3 times as i was trying to figure out WHAT NOW!
I laid on my back and slid down towards the water trying to keep line tight not knowing if i was gonna stop at the waters edge, The blackberries stopped me OUCH! by the time i stopped i had my line around a limb about 3 ft from the bank and my line was at a 90 angle with her still jumping every few seconds i finally got the limb broke so now i have a limb sliding down my line and fish on too ( 15lb p-line..goood stuff)! She was pooped shortly there after and i eased her up and released her!

F
Finneus Polebender
SwimbaitBassin said:
Fished delta again today from 1:30 to 4ish tied my 2nd biggest of life 231/2inch 7.1 lb.
Was one of the best landing jobs ever as well, When i hooked her i was standing about 15ft above the water(she hit my senko like a butterfly was just a tick) when i set the hook she tail walked like a steelhead 3 times as i was trying to figure out WHAT NOW!
I laid on my back and slid down towards the water trying to keep line tight not knowing if i was gonna stop at the waters edge, The blackberries stopped me OUCH! by the time i stopped i had my line around a limb about 3 ft from the bank and my line was at a 90 angle with her still jumping every few seconds i finally got the limb broke so now i have a limb sliding down my line and fish on too ( 15lb p-line..goood stuff)! She was pooped shortly there after and i eased her up and released her!

Nice glad to hear they are still in there and active !

G
GrillMaster
Beavers have moved in

Beavers have moved in

I was wondering if those ponds were open for fishing, looks like there is some serious current running through it.
Is there a Trout population in those ponds ? I drive by them twice a day, very cool looking place.

GM

T
Texas Basser
SwimbaitBassin said:

great story!