Dabney to Lewis n clark

H

Hook

9ft toon
Would this be a safe bet to run for a beginner? If i remember it does not have to many rough spots.

F

FishSchooler

I have not floated that section, but there aren't that many really fast waters I think. I floated from Oxbow to near dabney, which is pretty choppy for a first time in a raft. Some bumpy rides here and there, but fun! I wonder if I could side drift while i do that, but what if you snag?

H

Hook

FS......
I would like to float Oxbow to Dabney sometime but would rather do it with someone. I just might be able to back troll some plugs w/the toon, but i will not anchor in the current because 9ft toon can be pulled under to quick.

F

FishSchooler

I don't know about Oxbow all the way too Dabney, but when I did it (twice), after we decided to call it a day, we pulled onto the shore, and my dad ran alllll the way back to Oxbow, got the car and drove over. I don't know about the conditions right now, but if it's like the clack, better not to do it. We scratched up our raft a lot in waters maybe 5 inches deep. The first time we went, slower water all of a sudden around a bend, started going raging fast. My brother/I thought it was a waterfall! Burned our feet on rocks trying to pull the raft back up until we saw other people go down. :doh: :lol: We almost flipped over once too cause someone didn't know how to use oars, so we almost flipped off a giant rock.

O

osmosis

that bottom section is as easy as it gets on that river. you will have no problem on a toon in there if you have confidence on the sticks.
Just wear your life jacket and use your toon to get from bank spot to bank spot that looks good. I also dont suggest anchoring just in case.

K

koboabe

I have never tried in a toon, but I have floated oxbow to LC in an innertube before
no problems...