Cut plug lure?

U
usmc-recon
Anyone use the cut plug type lures? Do they work on steelies, I can't remember brand. Apparently you can insert a fillet or gel scent woundering if anyone had any feedback on them and is it something that can be used by a bankie or is it for trolling?:think:

J
JeannaJigs
you're talkin' about the brad's superbait cutplug, i'm assuming? I've had success using them for ho's but nothing else. Had a few takes that I'm assuming were 'nooks, but they came unbuttoned and I never got them up enough in the water column to see what I had on. They give you a perfect roll, everytime, and you don't get bait hands! Unless you're nasty and want to put a herring, anchovie, or sardine fillet bit in there. I have a secret sauce scent I put on the foam insert.

J
JeannaJigs
Oh and I attempted using them from the bank, but they have a braindamaged action and cast like crap from the bank. definitely a trolling rig.

Reactions: usmc-recon
M
mikeredding
JeannaJigs said:
Had a few takes that I'm assuming were 'nooks, but they came unbuttoned and I never got them up enough in the water column to see what I had on.

Wife had about a 20 pounder up to the boat with a Brads Cut plug superbait yesterday.

J
JeannaJigs
heck yeah! If I used them more I'd probably have more success with them. I honestly forget I have them, or misplace them. They give the perfect roll, they won't blow out and look like crap in 20 minutes, and all you have to do is re-apply scent if you so please every now and then, probably about every 30 minutes depending on water temp. No bait hands, no wondering if your herring has blown and looks like a floundering sausage being drug through the water. It really increases the amount of time your line is in the water, which ultimately increases hook ups. Plus, did I mention, no bait hands? Yeah. No bait hands. And in the long run, it costs way less than buying crap to brine herring, and buying a couple dozen herring for each trip. Also, really, who wants to put herring brine in your fridge overnight? Gross.

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah a trolling rig. I prefere real bait but to each his own.

Mike where we you at?