Crooked River report

S
sapo
So...Headed out to the Crooked for a couple days this weekend! The fishing is really doing well right now, dries are working ok but indicators/scuds are the biggest producers. Fished a few miles below Bowman most of the time, fishing was decent in the morning, lost a couple fish, then from 11 AM-2 PM the fishing was on fire. Lost/missed over 20, my friend Brett missed countless also. Brett managed to land an 18" whitefish, while I landed a couple really nice 15-17" rainbows, monsters for the crooked, and my rod was bent in half for a couple of minutes during the fight! Missed a lot of smaller ones. However, in my opinion, two or three 17" trout that fight like heck for a couple of minutes are better than six or seven 9" easy fish. Tried another (relatively unfished) stretch of the river a little later that day. Fishing was slower, hooked up with a nice one on a scud but wasn't paying attention and lost him. Got a few more hits on the scud also last night. This morning, fishing was slower, a hit on a woolly bugger but not much going on. River is nice!! Btw the second stretch I fished was in Terrebonne. (I'll edit this post with some more pictures tomorrow afternoon)

Reactions: Irishrover
T
TimberTodd
Sounds like you had a great weekend Sapo. Looking forward to your pictures.

Irishrover
This is a great time to be over there fishing......the snakes should still be sleeping. Glad you had a good time.

S
sapo
Pictures:
This picture is small (click on it), but shows how beautiful the river is.
Looks like all the pictures are small, so you'll have to click on all of them, but this is a nice fish I caught (Brett's holding the rod).
Cool whitefish Brett caught!
Another trout I caught! I want to head back to the crooked again...it was awesome!

• IMG_5799.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 143
S
Stonefish
Nice work. Those are some nice bows.
I hope to fish the Crooked someday.

SiletzTroutKiller
Really odd question but did you happen to post a video of you guys to instagram??

S
sapo
Lol SiletzTroutKiller, yes I did! We're trout_candy_films on insta. What's your username/account?

J
JeannaJigs
This is a great time to be over there fishing......the snakes should still be sleeping. Glad you had a good time.

It's my favoritest time for that reason LOL.

Excellent report, thanks for sharing!

SiletzTroutKiller
Lol SiletzTroutKiller, yes I did! We're trout_candy_films on insta. What's your username/account?

I'm @pnwtroutfitters haha I believe I follow you

jamisonace
Beautiful Sapo, great report. Can't wait to get over there.

R
Richard W T
Nicely done!