Crooked River Fishing

S
snowrdr
Motorcycle Fred said:
Here is my little friend from yesterday morning.....
He hammered my tungsten bead head (gold) all black pheasant tail nymph....

Perfect looking rainbow! I need to make the drive over and join you sometime soon! :cool:

L
lilsalmon
Motorcycle Fred said:
Here is my little friend from yesterday morning.....
He hammered my tungsten bead head (gold) all black pheasant tail nymph....

Nice!!! I think we maybe seen your truck...I thought we were looking for a white van. We were camped with a PT cruiser and a tent strung between two trees..:lol:

I love it there..my first flyfishing experience and wow was it sweet...didn't do as well as you but it was great. The last place we stopped before headin home I played with a fish in between two rocks, he kept biting but couldnt bring him in and finally got him a foot from me and he spit it....Can't wait to go back.

Great job.

M
Motorcycle Fred
snowrdr said:
Perfect looking rainbow! I need to make the drive over and join you sometime soon! :cool:

Mondays through Thursdays are the best for me.....I have to take care of my wife the rest of the time.....

You can come and stay at my place and I'll guide you, provide rod and reel if need be and the flies.....and the food....

Hows that for a free fishing adventure.......

S
snowrdr
Motorcycle Fred said:
Mondays through Thursdays are the best for me.....I have to take care of my wife the rest of the time.....

You can come and stay at my place and I'll guide you, provide rod and reel if need be and the flies.....and the food....

Hows that for a free fishing adventure.......

Sounds great! I don't need a rod & reel, but I might try one of your flies... :D
Maybe next week... :cool:

M
Motorcycle Fred
snowrdr said:
Sounds great! I don't need a rod & reel, but I might try one of your flies... :D
Maybe next week... :cool:

I'll be ready and waiting......

I better go tie some more flies.....woooohooooooo

M
Motorcycle Fred
snowrdr said:
Oh no, Fred's here!!! :D:D:D

Hit me up Fred sometime, I could probably use a few fly casting tips.
I have an extra pontoon if you ever want to float a lake sometime. :cool:

I know Dave (snowrdr) was new to this forum but I just wanted to let you know that he passed away suddenly two days ago from a ruptured vein in his brain. His wife rushed him to the hospital but it was too late. Dave was a fishermans fisherman.....he loved being on the water more then anything. He left us way to soon. Dave was only 49 years old and in good health so this took us all by surprise. Godspeed Dave....I will think of you every time I cast a line......

Irishrover
Irishrover
Sorry to here that. Thats way too young. It must be very hard on his family I feel sad for them.

M
mgdguy
Irishrover said:
Sorry to here that. Thats way too young. It must be very hard on his family I feel sad for them.

Ditto. That is just terrible. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family...

O
OnTheFly
I think I remember chatting with him in a thread or two and thought I'd like to meet him. He always had something good to say.