Crabbing improving in the bay

G
Gulfstream
Brother in law and his brother came out from Idaho for a few days of crabbing .Started to early yesterday ,but ended up with 18 for 3.Today the timing was better and we ended up with 30 for 3 Greasy flat and no wind. HAVE FUN! Oh Yea....Tom,the best depth was 25-30 ft last hour and a half of the incoming

Reactions: plumbertom
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
right on, right on, right on...

4labs
4labs
What was the bait Whip? I'll be going through Brookings next Wed and will PU some for a run over there.
Also saw a brother RR switchman who I worked with 25 yrs on the TV news who barley escaped the fire in Paradise .
May head to diamond this week.

G
Gulfstream
Tuna heads and cod carcasses

plumbertom
plumbertom
Much as I wanted to go, this week is a bust for me.
May be a while before I can go again as my regular fishing buddy might be heading in for abdominal surgery.
Can't pull pots with a fresh belly wound.
I've been unable to find any locals that want to go along and help me cover the cost.
I know the $65 or so for fuel and launch and bait doesn't seem like much to some but for my situation even the half of it I cover each trip has to be budgeted.

M
Mister Bisley
What bay were you guys fishing? I was crabbing yesterday too. Leaving a report in another thread if anyone is interested.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I crabbed the Siuslaw today, crab were spread out and the 10 solid keepers I found (7 were >6.25") all came between the A4 and A6 bouys. once I got up even as far as the green A7 bouy, all I found were scattered small crabs. New Outback is a crabbing machine.

IbYOBHS.jpg

Reactions: Mister Bisley
4labs
4labs
Great pic Rodger. I think your cost ratio per crab has us all beat.
Will run my Grady down there in a couple of weeks to see if it still floats and all the money I dumped in to it was worth it.
Diamond is still on the menu Friday if the wind forecast holds.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
4labs;n614605 said:
Great pic Rodger. I think your cost ratio per crab has us all beat..

thanks, I guess it depends how to factor in my new $2800 Outback...lol

on the other hand, yesterday puts me to 96 crab for the year, all from a kayak. Putting together a video showing my crabbing process on the new kayak, basically I am able to do it without using any of the rear deck space, front hold has plenty of room for a limit. This means sometimes, I will not be crabbing (or bottom fishing) alone....someone has a new wetsuit.

a68eJaW.jpg

UZz5vX3.jpg

meTOUaR.jpg

Reactions: Raincatcher, Mister Bisley and plumbertom
M
Mister Bisley
You da man!

G
Gulfstream
Coos Bay