Crab and crawdad fishing

S
Slingin Iron
Hello everyone,

I have been living in Lincoln City oregon now for almost a year. I love eveything about the coast. My greatest addiction is all of the shell fishing avaiable. I am trying to find new spots to go crab fishing and crawdad fishing close to Lincoln City. Anyone have any suggestions?

GungasUncle
Hm crawdads - you've got the Siletz right there south of town - there should be dads in there.

As for crabbing - how far are you willing to travel?

Reactions: OnTheFly
S
Slingin Iron
Well I dont mind a little drive. I have been going down to newport on the public fishing pier. It is not a bad spot for fishing but here recently I have been striking out or catching crabs way too small to keep. Like I said before new to the area and just want to learn all I can. I haven't tried fishing north of Lincoln city yet is there any places up the coast between say here L.C. and pacific city where you don't need a boat to crab fish?

N
n8r1

The Siletz Bay has excellent Crabbing, as does Newport Bay. In Newport you can catch red rock crabs as well as dungeness.

S
Slingin Iron
Yeah those are both good spots. I have been fishing them a lot, I am just trying to find more spots to go.

C
c.man
lots of great spots in south tillamook county ( pacific city area ) i havent been up there in years , but we used to get crabs and flounder out in sandlake .. im guessing all of the rivers up there have crawdads still .. 3 rivers , little and big nestucca ..

not sure what the flounder are like up there anymore , but they used to be plentiful and tasty !

also there is a creek right before you get to neskowin .. im betting thats full of crawdads !

let me know what you find !

hebo lake is full of crawdads .. but im not sure you want to eat them ? ive also seen catfish and some pretty big trout ..

R
RunWithSasquatch
I know you were asking about crabs and crawdads, but the Purple Varnish clams in LC are awesome! Good eats, and tons of them.

O
Oregonite
How is the crabbing at Waldport? The tides look good for May 26th and 27th

B
bigdaddycain234
when i was younger we used to go to nehalem for crabing a lot of the time you go there and that is were they have been shedding there shells we would just throw our pots over the dock and left them for a couple hours and came back