Columbia River Springers?

B
Bullitt
Thuggin4Life said:
Now is there any weird laws since the oregon/washington border is the river? like can i only fish half the river or do I have to buy a washington tag or anything? bear with me I have never fished the columbia.

Nope. Just need a valid license and tag.

Thuggin4Life said:
And what size herring do run in the big river? greens or blues?

Green is what I liked.

T
Thuggin4Life
Thanks one last question... Can anyone make sense of the reg book?

B
Bullitt
Yes. ;)

Seems like these days I use the ODFW website more than the paper booklet. For the CR I go here to get the lastest and most up to date info....

T
Thuggin4Life
Hey thanks so i am gonna sink my boat with three peoples limits of 5 jacks and 2 adults each.

P
plumb2fish
Thuggin4Life said:
Hey thanks so i am gonna sink my boat with three peoples limits of 5 jacks and 2 adults each.
As far as I know it is only one adult salmon per person on the big C, however if you put in @ St. John's and troll the Willamette the limit is 2 salmon

Last edited:
B
Bullitt
You can only retain one chinook. From the link, B10 to I-5...

Daily bag limit is 2 adipose fin-clipped adult salmon or steelhead in combination per day, of which no more than one may be a Chinook, and 5 adipose fin-clipped jack salmon per day.

T
Thuggin4Life
thanks I shpould have done the normal thing and read the regs 10 times until my brain fully understood what i was reading. So its 2 in the willy though so i can keep trying after getting my limit in the columbia.

B
Bullitt
The regs are confusing unless you live these fisheries it seems. The dang ocean regs are not any easier.

You get one on the CR and you can get another one on the Willy. Good luck and be safe.

T
Thuggin4Life
Hey thanks guys now one more dumb question. I did to much coho fishing were jacks were under 20" so I can't remember a jack nook is under 24" or 28"?

B
Bullitt
Under 24"

:)

T
Thuggin4Life
thanks

T
Thuggin4Life
Iaght boat is loaded, herring is brined and in the freezer, poles are rigged, got gas, charged battery, triplechecked the tackle box and the boat storage, tossed the trolling plate in the boat just in case, all I have to do is put some stuff in the jeep, make a lunch, and not forget the food or bait in the morning. See you guys out on the water!

S
Specialed
How did the trip go? I've been watching the post and am curious how you guys did...
Thuggin4Life said:
Iaght boat is loaded, herring is brined and in the freezer, poles are rigged, got gas, charged battery, triplechecked the tackle box and the boat storage, tossed the trolling plate in the boat just in case, all I have to do is put some stuff in the jeep, make a lunch, and not forget the food or bait in the morning. See you guys out on the water!

T
Thuggin4Life
its in the columbia section titled semi success.... i feel like we didn't do too bad i have had worse trips my first time on new water.

S
Specialed
What size boat do you have? I have a 13' Smokercraft I have been wanting to go out in?
Thuggin4Life said:
its in the columbia section titled semi success.... i feel like we didn't do too bad i have had worse trips my first time on new water.

T
Thuggin4Life
I have a 12' er with deep sides. you should be fine but it was rough with all the wake and the wind but managable. just check the weather and see how windy it will be i would hate to get out there and have the wind pick up too much. go to the my new toy thread in the boat section and take a look at what I got for a better idea. i did see a handfull of small craft out there but couldn't tell if any were smaller than me. i sure felt like the smallest boat out.