Columbia River Report 5/26

W
Webwader
My buddy and I fished the Columbia from Rooster Rock down to the tip of McGuire Island today. We caught a total of 51 smallmouth. Some of the usual places we came up completely empty, others were hot, and some yielded only one or two fish. The vast majority of were males, so no large fish. Apparently the boys are ready to play but the girls haven't shown up yet. Water temps were in the mid to high 50's.

L
lost_cajun
What were you fishing with, and were did you launch?

Thanks for the report, I may try to get out there soon.

W
Webwader
We lauched out of Chinook Landing. We used whatever worked at a particular hole. We threw crankbaits, spinnerbaits, tubes, small swimbaits and plastic worms. We caught them either on a reaction bite or slow and on the bottom.

T
Troutier Bassier
Nice I have a hole on the sandy delta. my dads gonna take me sometime next month. Do you ever use Kastmasters because thats my lure to go in august. looks just like the little shad that they are gulping

W
Webwader
Troutier Bassier said:
Nice I have a hole on the sandy delta. my dads gonna take me sometime next month. Do you ever use Kastmasters because thats my lure to go in august. looks just like the little shad that they are gulping
I have never used them Troutier.