Coho season extended to Dec 31,2009

B
boberdown
was watching the show outdoor gps,with owens and he had odfw on the line and they said soon to be in affect they will extend the coho season till dec 31 2009!!!!! sounds awsome but is yet to be posted on odfw...:clap:
just an update. for all the coho slayers!!!!!
have a good one and good luck to all!
 
A
Anyfishisfine
Great news indeed
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
 
F
FishSchooler
do I smell November coho too?
2nd/3rd chances?
:pray:
 
F
Fishtopher
ya, word is that rule will be permanent in 2010.
 
B
bigdog
That is great news but what I wonder is how the cohos will look that late in the season though?
 
M
metalmania
bigdog said:
That is great news but what I wonder is how the cohos will look that late in the season though?

Probably pretty damn knarly:lol:.
 
B
bigdog
metalmania said:
Probably pretty damn knarly:lol:.

Thats kind of what I'm thinking, maybe still be ok for egg collecting but then again they might be to far along even for that.
 
M
metalmania
bigdog said:
Thats kind of what I'm thinking, maybe still be ok for egg collecting but then again they might be to far along even for that.

Once they get dark and nasty there skeins become so loose even egg hunting is pointless.
 
O
osmosis
I already got one hen that was bronze and had singled out eggs already this year. November coho are gnarly rotting living dead fish, thats for sure. As in Make sure you're wearing latex gloves just to touch them!

My only problem with this potential extension is a large % of the few actualy wild coho we have left in the clackamas come back in december and I don't think they should be harrassed.
 
A
Anyfishisfine
So even though they haven't moved up they are deteriorating? Makes sense since they were holding in the river.
 
B
bigdog
Anyfishisfine said:
So even though they haven't moved up they are deteriorating? Makes sense since they were holding in the river.

Yeah I'm thinking half the fish holding at the mouth of eagle creek are getting a little dark already. From what I know and here there should be another push of fish coming in soon. I heard they were still getting them at bou 10. Not sure where all of them are going though, I'm not real good at knowing from what spot they come and go. I just hope and look for more in the rivers I fish.
 
C
CFishRun
Do these fish get up into the B10 area and ever go back to saltwater due to poor timing? Lets say that the river isn't right and they hold for a while, will they ever decide that they shouldn't have come in and turn back around to wait for better timing. Or do they move in and continue up and if conditions aren't right in the feeder creek, simply find the closest gravel bar no matter when and where they are and just let nature take its course?

I've been fishing the clack for weeks now and other than a few coho here and there it seems that the fish really haven't made the big push up to the mouth of EC. I would contend that the vast majority of fish are milling about between Meldrum on the Willamette and Carver. Unfortunately their isn't a fish counting station from B10 to Eagle Creek so it's hard to say.

I think I'm going to switch my focus to the Sandy...probably out of ignorance or poor fishing skill that I haven't seen a lot of action from the Clack but it just seems like their not on the bite/move here.
 
Q
qwapaw
We got a dark Chinook in the Siuslaw this weekend. That really surpised me for this early in the year. We put her back so she could make babies since there are so many Coho. We need all the little Nooks possible to make it to the ocean. I don't think we will ever get to keep Coho on that river. Qwa
 
S
solution7
Great News

Great News

That is great news to see the season extended, no matter how you look at it. There will still be some bright fish in the rivers from later fish entering the rivers. I don't eat mine usually anyhow. I usually give them away or release.
 
M
metalfisher76
CFishRun said:
Do these fish get up into the B10 area and ever go back to saltwater due to poor timing? Lets say that the river isn't right and they hold for a while, will they ever decide that they shouldn't have come in and turn back around to wait for better timing. Or do they move in and continue up and if conditions aren't right in the feeder creek, simply find the closest gravel bar no matter when and where they are and just let nature take its course?

I've been fishing the clack for weeks now and other than a few coho here and there it seems that the fish really haven't made the big push up to the mouth of EC. I would contend that the vast majority of fish are milling about between Meldrum on the Willamette and Carver. Unfortunately their isn't a fish counting station from B10 to Eagle Creek so it's hard to say.

I think I'm going to switch my focus to the Sandy...probably out of ignorance or poor fishing skill that I haven't seen a lot of action from the Clack but it just seems like their not on the bite/move here.

Yeah, they will mill around the estuary/ocean for a while actually. Not sure about the gravel bar thing, but it wouldn`t surprise me either.
 

Similar threads

troutdude
Replies
0
Views
1K
troutdude
troutdude
Bo Peep
Replies
9
Views
853
Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
rogerdodger
Replies
10
Views
1K
Ikijime
Ikijime
rogerdodger
Replies
9
Views
2K
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
G
Replies
8
Views
2K
radiation
R
Top Bottom