Coastal float

S
STEELseeker4086
Is there anywhere to float with enough water to drift a 16' boat for some coastal salmon in the northwest zone?

Last edited:
O
OnTheDrop
Nope, unfortunately.

T
troutmasta
SteelmonKiller20 said:
Nope, unfortunately.

Wilson holding strong at 3.3.....:nonchalance:

S
Steelheader4Life
Tidewater, float in and out with the tide! :)

S
STEELseeker4086
Not to sure about a tidal float? I've got a pile of eggs ready to fish! Cured this summer while working in AK. If anyone has experience with this I might have an open seat for some tidal water bobber fishing and could trade a days worth bait for help learning some new tactics. Thanks

Last edited:
S
Steelheader4Life
It's very easy and it can get you away from the crowded banks. I put in on the last part of the outgoing and find a spot to anchor up and bobber fish the incoming tide. You can also throw spinners and stick a kwik fish off the front of the boat as well. It's really your only option if you want to get out in the drift boat right now. Side drifting bobbers with the tide can be deadly as well. Even if you need to go up river on the outgoing it's really not that hard to do.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
STEELseeker4086 said:
Not to sure about a tidal float? I think I just need to invest in a small motor for my clackacraft. I've got a pile of eggs ready to fish! Cured this summer while working in AK. If anyone has a open seat for some tidal water bobber fishing and wants to trade for a days worth bait let me know please.

lots of people do it out of Mapleton on the Siuslaw with just oars. launch like 2 hours before high, float upstream with the tide and once the tide turns, drift back to the launch...roger

S
steelhead_stalkers
STEELseeker4086 said:
Not to sure about a tidal float? I've got a pile of eggs ready to fish! Cured this summer while working in AK. If anyone has experience with this I might have an open seat for some tidal water bobber fishing and could trade a days worth bait for help learning some new tactics. Thanks

I hope they aren't sockeye eggs that you brought back! Coho work well though.

S
STEELseeker4086
Not sockeye! I'm a sport fishing guide in Ak.

Reactions: rogerdodger