Clicker loudness (what do you prefer?)

D
Drew9870
Do you enjoy having a loud clicker, a softer one, or no drag at all? I wouldn't mind using a dragless fly reel, but I like my reels loud as can be, nothing like the high pitch zipping sound of a 8+lb fish screaming away on a 4lb tippet.

It's all about who you are and preference, it is understood that a loud clicker can drive people nuts :), but it drives me nuts to not have a loud one personally :lol:.

brandon4455
brandon4455
eh, id say in between. medium but not too lound, but it still makes noise when fish are ripping line off of your spool, funny thing is last night while putting new fly line on my reel a metal piece fell out and it had no drag so i had to bend a short peice of metal and jam it in there making a halfway decent drag. long story short im getting a new reel asap although the jerry rigged drag works okay

Reactions: OnTheFly
R
RunWithSasquatch
I just seen this was a fly reel thread:)

Last edited:
S
Sinkline
LOUD, for me! I'm with you Drew, I love to hear the reel screaming when the fish runs!

Randy

O
OnTheFly
I just love the smell of burning flesh when palming down on a large fish and the bone crushing sound the reel handle makes as it hammers your knuckles. God I love fly fishing!

S
skunk
Medium, I don't like quiet cause I like to hear my reel working. I can tell what point everything is in harmony, and when the fish is ticked i love the noise, and pull together.

M
mrlindeman
Pretty much in between here too. Gotta have that audible sound. There is nothing like it.

W
wozniasm
LOUD! It pumps me up and even a small one gets the clicker going.
It can be anoying for on lookers though thinking you have a lunker on but it's all about me!

L
lilsalmon
I like loud clicker but I don't like sharkskin line.....unfortunately, my clicker is broke so I have to make all the noise.

W
waco
I like mine medium, I love when my reel screams there is nothing like it!!! I even hear it when I'm home!!! After a good day of fishing!!!

D
Drew9870
waco said:
I like mine medium, I love when my reel screams there is nothing like it!!! I even hear it when I'm home!!! After a good day of fishing!!!

:lol: Haha, you're gonna have flashbacks when you're older waco, something starts clicking and you shout FISH ON! :D

The best song in the world, is the one you hear while cleaning your fly line :lol:.