Citaca VS Revo S

A

adambomb

So, I recently decided its time to step up to a baitcaster. I have read good things about the Shimano Citaca, and the Abu Garcia Revo S. Now, I just hope some of you guys can help me make up my mind. Oh, yeah I am looking to spend around 100 bucks.

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Searched revo

Searched revo

I know the Revo is highly thought of on the forum. I did a search for revo and found some sterling endorsements. Give that a try. Sorry,I haven't tried the one I bought yet so I can't say yay or nay.

N

ninja2010

get the revo. if you could, step up to the sx... otherwise, the s is okay as well. shimano makes great round reels... unless you have the $$ for their high end low pro reels.

P

plunkme

Revo sx

Revo sx

I have the revo sx HS(high speed 7.1:1) an excellent reel very smooth, i have used it on bass and salmon and it has yet to slow down or make any noise while reeling have owned it for about 6 months and am very satisfied

O

osmosis

my favorite reels in my collection are all revo's. They are amazing. can cast a mile, and they have an unmatched drag. over 3 times what the curado has in lbs of drag and with a cheaper price tag. 24+ lbs of drag, and the drag is even and as smooth as it gets. None of the surging some reels do.
I've put several thousand fish on a revo s, and maybe a thousand by now on the sx models and they are like the day I bought them (scratches on the housing aside).
Even with 40+lb fall chinook I don't feel under gunned in the least.

A

adambomb

wow, i guess that settles it, Revo by a landslide! Thanks for all your input!!

G

GoneFishin2134

I have a citaca for Steelhead/coho. Has been great! Never lets me down. I use an Abu Garcia ambassdeur on my Salmon pole.

I

imfishing

I'm Eating Humble Pie...

I'm Eating Humble Pie...

Thanks for the Attitude Adjustment People of The OFF.

I was [WAS!] stuck on one particular brand of reel [Daiwa].

Once again this forum and GOD have shown me the way.

I don't have to drain my bank account for a casting reel that kicks ass.

I'm sure looking at that REVO by shimano in the SX-HS flavor.

Wow! Or the Winch version.

Anyhow - Thanks.

I will make you proud one day...You'll see.

F

Fishtopher

You crack me up man. Hard to decipher some of your posts and tell between sarcasm, and sincere-ity, but I think theres a line in every one of your posts that makes me chuckle.:)

Top Bottom