Chrome fish Chrome dome

C
Cohosanders
Chrome bald head chrome hen:lol:I am loving this years run. Headed out to the Clack after getting soaked and skunked on the Wilson yesterday. I arrived to a beautiful overcast dry morning around 8. The sun was creeping in and out. There was absolutely nobody around and the water was looking really good. After trying some jigs, I drifted some eggs and at about 8:53......Whamo!!!Fish on:D She was pretty tough for 5lbs. 25 in. Seeing that bright fish come up out of the water was definitely exciting. I through a spoon, spinner, jig and some more egg set-ups to no avail. Was out by 11:30:) definitely dog creek looking!!!

Last edited:
C
Chrome_Chaser
Nice chromer

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
Your on fire dude ! ! ! NICE ! !

M
metalfisher76
Good report;) You are on fire man, killer!!

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish man. Your probably running out of room on your tag by now!

C
Cohosanders
:D I figured the more time you put in the better your odds become. As you can notice in the first pic. I attempted the spine sever method and cut the tail to bleed. I think I like the 'ol wood shampoo method better. So many fish:shock:so little time:think:

Last edited:
M
Mike123
Nice job! Your doing good on those hatchery fish this year!

B
bigsteel
definitely been a good year for you...good job cohosanders

S
SmallStreams
That's a right pretty fish! Gives me an excuse to do a little angling in the Clackamas tomorrow morning...

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
Cohosanders said:
:D I figured the more time you put in the better your odds become. As you can notice in the bottom pic. I attempted the spine sever method and cut the tail to bleed. I think I like the 'ol wood shampoo method better. So many fish:shock:so little time:think:

thats right , you dont catch fish sittin at home . and your right , a rock and a gill slice is my faveorite .

J
JeannaJigs
Nice fish.

Wood shampoo and a knife in the gills is my favorite. It's all about simplicity, not surgery.

F
Flymstr
Skin to scales then rip the gills with your fingers. That's the way to do it!! ( Deck em' and wreck em') or (Beat em' and Bleed em') either way works.

F
fourgotten
Cohosanders said:
As you can notice in the bottom pic. I attempted the spine sever method and cut the tail to bleed. I think I like the 'ol wood shampoo method better.

I noted that. Have you noticed any difference in the resulting meat or strength of rigor that the fish enters? I finally hooked myself up some wire for wiping out the neural canal, but haven't landed a fish since.

I have noted that the meat is considerably better...

J
johnnymthood
Question - I fish and hike a lot on 6 rivers around Portland, but I don't know where the dam hole is that I read about often, on the clack, but where?

E
eggs
McIver area..

J
johnnymthood
thanks