Chip OFF the old block, But TR has the hot hand today!

R
ryan808
Good deal, Im glad she like it. Im thinking we should have put her name on it.

S
sherman
way to go you guys creating great memories for the boy. I can tell he just wasn't having any fun. You did tag those fish with your initals so we will know they have been slayed before.

C
colbypearson
looking at some of that cover i should feel right at home.... i was gonna get a new spinning reel but all i can say is okuma 7-11 X heavy 4-10oz baits go time

F
Finneus Polebender
colbypearson said:
looking at some of that cover i should feel right at home.... i was gonna get a new spinning reel but all i can say is okuma 7-11 X heavy 4-10oz baits go time

I told TR wait till Colby sees the background he will be wanting to come up here NOW ! He truly has a paradise there should be a day to remember!

brandon4455
brandon4455
nice fish guys!

F
Finneus Polebender
brandon4455 said:
nice fish guys!

And the master never put his jig down , TR might have a hard time explaining how to but I think hes got it down 4 sure.

T
tomriker
once it warms up a bit i want to start using the swimbait more too, the jig is getting too easy :) next time you'll have to bring the micro rods FP and we will see what we can do with them

F
Finneus Polebender
probably snap a couple but they are cheap we will do that for sure, I also have the new ultra light baitcaster Ryan made me will have that ready also ! I am gonna catch one on a spinner bait for ya next time too.

T
tomriker
psh spinnerbait... sounds about like the "bait of confidence" :D i think my brother has acouple of the micros ill rig one up with a jig and some 4 pound test

H
Hawk
TR, do you have a thriving crawdad population in your pond? What other food source do your bass have? :)

Thankyou...

H
Hawk
FP, do your ponds have a thriving crawdad population? What other food source do the bass have? :)

Thankyou...

F
Finneus Polebender
Hawk said:
FP, do your ponds have a thriving crawdad population? What other food source do the bass have? :)

Thankyou...

Have not seen any but that will soon change........there are currently blue gill, carp ,frogs ,brown bullhead ,and in the big pond squaw fish , have marked some fish that the finder says are big 20lb or so on the bottom of the big pond thinkin potentially channel cats considering that several ponds around here have them.

Last edited:
C
colbypearson
Hawk said:
TR, do you have a thriving crawdad population in your pond? What other food source do your bass have? :)

Thankyou...
interesting question im wondering too.... jigs can work a lot like a bluegill imitation too, just thought i would throw that out, some of my biggest bass came off a jig imitating bluegill not craws not many people imitate baitfish with jigs but it works great sometimes.

F
Finneus Polebender
Actually bought a couple jigs that are bluegill pattern will have to give them a shot soon.

C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
Actually bought a couple jigs that are bluegill pattern will have to give them a shot soon.

i like putting double tail grubs on them and tip them with a little tiny bit of chartreuse it looks like a juvenile bluegills tail of you can use a gary yamamoto swim senko

R
ryan808
Theres nothing like catching a pig off an ultalight, my sons pole was doubled over and its only one of those pesky small ones. Im building another ultralight for our meet, if you got one bring one out and we'll see who can land the biggest off 4 lbs line.

T
TTFishon
I caught my personal best 8.5 pounder on a 5 ft ugly stik with 6lb test. Woot woot!

C
colbypearson
ryan808 said:
Theres nothing like catching a pig off an ultalight, my sons pole was doubled over and its only one of those pesky small ones. Im building another ultralight for our meet, if you got one bring one out and we'll see who can land the biggest off 4 lbs line.

i want to scope some of your rods! im not really in the position to go custom but who knows i might try one out sometime

R
ryan808
Ill bring some down for us to play with, I got a couple XMG blanks that'll get wrapped by then.

T
Throbbit _Shane
nice fish can't wait to get up there