check this Hog out

F
Finneus Polebender
They say that this fish is being considered for the new world record .caught and released "Hooray" in California it weighed 25.1lbs on a hand scale hard to believe the dude can hold it up.Look on his face says hes gonna blow a gasket. Wish you could see whole fish too
 
Last edited:
T
TTFishon
Finneus Polebender said:
They say that this fish is being considered for the new world record .caught and released "Hooray" in California it weighed 25.1lbs on a hand scale hard to believe the dude can hold it up.Look on his face says hes gonna blow a gasket. Wish you could see whole fish too

He foul hooked that fish so I can't see why it should be considered a record. It was also found dead a year later weighing a few pounds less than when he caught her. Nice fish though.
 
F
Finneus Polebender
TTFishon said:
He foul hooked that fish so I can't see why it should be considered a record. It was also found dead a year later weighing a few pounds less than when he caught her. Nice fish though.

Damn why can't we learn nothin I just found the pic surfin wasn't fer sure that was a record anyhow yet another sad story I just thought dang thats big.
 
T
TTFishon
Finneus Polebender said:
Damn why can't we learn nothin I just found the pic surfin wasn't fer sure that was a record anyhow yet another sad story I just thought dang thats big.

I read the story a couple of years ago in one of my Bass Masters magazines. I think the next world record will come from California.
 
F
Finneus Polebender
These are all from cali too I think your right. Second one from clear lake callifornia spent a lot of time there when i was in the military they have monster channel cats in that lake too Huge body of water
 
Last edited:
T
TTFishon
Finneus Polebender said:
These are all from cali too I think your right. Second one from clear lake callifornia spent a lot of time there when i was in the military they have monster channel cats in that lake too Huge body of water

My wife has a friend that lives on Clear Lake. She's been trying to talk me in to visiting him. Hmm I see a future vacationing spot.
 
F
Fisherman.Z.
i watched a show on the national geographic channel about that fish, and the guys who caught her. they nicknamed her dottie because of the dot on her 'chin' and of the other pictures the second one is one of the guys who spend all day everyday during spawning season trying to get the world record. they spend all of their time on that one lake.

its crazy what they do to fish it. work graveyard sleep for the hour they had before the park opened and then repeat. those are some very invested fishermen!
 
F
flippinbaits
Finneus Polebender said:
These are all from cali too I think your right. Second one from clear lake callifornia spent a lot of time there when i was in the military they have monster channel cats in that lake too Huge body of water

this picture on the left is at my home lake back in cali. will be there all summer gettin dem bass :dance:
 
F
Finneus Polebender
great info

great info

Cool stuff dudes dont think I am ready to move to cali .Agree w/tt might be convinced in a vacation sometime .I also believe that the guys catchin those fish have pretty much their entire life revolving round Bass. I still say it can be addictive.
 
L
liquidplumber
Finneus Polebender said:
They say that this fish is being considered for the new world record .caught and released "Hooray" in California it weighed 25.1lbs on a hand scale hard to believe the dude can hold it up.Look on his face says hes gonna blow a gasket. Wish you could see whole fish too

3 or 4 weeks ago that story was on TV.The guy foul hooked and released it and fished every day for 2 years for it.He nick named the fish dottie,look at the black spot on next to the gills.They found that fish as a floater last year
 
F
Finneus Polebender
One more from Cali

One more from Cali

this kid can fish ! wow
 
T
TTFishon
Finneus Polebender said:
this kid can fish ! wow

How big and where was it caught?
 
F
Finneus Polebender
TTFishon said:
How big and where was it caught?

Just undr 18 pounds its the jr world record not sure exactly where but from california again
 
H
Hawk
Dottie was caught close to San Diego.............:rolleyes:
 
Top Bottom